Windows 10 Mobile Issues

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
bradbodily

Windows 10 Mobile Issues

Post by bradbodily »

I realize that Windows 10 Mobile is still in beta and I don't expect it to be supported yet, but I wanted to at least make sure some of the issues are known.

Using either a Lumia 635 or a Lumia 640 (which each run Gospel Library Beta "okay" under Windows Phone 8.1), the Gospel Library Beta shows a blank screen for the library. On initial launch, I am sometimes able to see the normal library screen, but shortly after downloading/opening an item from the library, the app will crash. Most of the time, however, the library is simply shown blank. Clicking the Library \/ dropdown in the title bar doesn't work, either; it will show the Sample Collection, but nothing else, leaving me unable to open or download anything.

The rest of the app appears to function as normal--I can swipe left right and see Inspirational Messages and My Collections, as well as use the settings, bookmark, and recent icons. However, attempting to access anything from the recent/bookmark icons only brings up this error message:

Error
Unable to download book: Scriptures/Book of Mormon. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Anyway, at this point the Gospel Library Beta has been completely unusable for me on Windows 10 Mobile Preview
wp_ss_20150722_0001[1].png
(56.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wp_ss_20150722_0002[1].png
(53.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wp_ss_20150722_0003[1].png
(111.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wp_ss_20150722_0004[1].png
(74.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ToManyLetters

Re: Windows 10 Mobile Issues

Post by ToManyLetters »

This is a known issue with Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview. We're awaiting fixes from Microsoft for this issue and a couple of related issues, and expect to get them as Windows 10 Mobile stabilizes during testing.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
bradbodily

Post by bradbodily »

Excellent; glad to hear it. I'm excited to see how things continue to develop.
spencerto
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by spencerto »

We were able to identify a problem in the Windows 10 Mobile OS and related to decompression of the zlib files used in Gospel Library. For now, we have written a work around until the Windows 10 Mobile OS can fix their bug. In any case, this makes GL usable on Windows 10 Mobile.

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”