Logging into LDS account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
kekanajt

Logging into LDS account

Post by kekanajt »

Hi
I'm a ward clerk and I'm trying to help one of our members to log in to her LDS account. We are finding it difficult to do so. She has the correct username and password but still cannot log in. We tried creating a new one for her but the system says: Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account does not exist. She is the ward's visiting teaching coordinator and needs access to LCR to continue with her calling. Please assist us.
eblood66

Re: Logging into LDS account

Post by eblood66 »

How do you know the username and password are correct? What happens when she tries to log in? Have you tried the 'Forgot your username?" and/or "Forgot your password?" links on the sign in page?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Way to Reset Lds account

Post by jdlessley »

kekanajt wrote:I'm a ward clerk and I'm trying to help one of our members to log in to her LDS account. We are finding it difficult to do so. She has the correct username and password but still cannot log in.
Is she really certain she is using the correct username and password? Has she tried to log into the LDS Account sign in page and check her profile? It is possible the account may be a nonmember account. If she can log into the LDS Account sign in page, have her check to see if her MRN is registered for that account at the "Membership" tab.

If she cannot sign on to the LDS Account sign in page then have her use recover username and password using her MRN on the sign in page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kekanajt wrote:We tried creating a new one for her but the system says: Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account does not exist.
That's an odd message for trying to create a new account - are you sure you weren't using the "Forgot username" option when that appeared?

I'd agree with eblood66. Try the "Forgot username" and see what comes up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kekanajt

Post by kekanajt »

She is certain her username and password are correct. I tried the forgot password and forgot username options with her birth date and MRN but the same message comes up. I even tried creating a new account for her but it says the account with that MRN already exists.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might try calling Global Support Desk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

kekanajt wrote:She is certain her username and password are correct. I tried the forgot password and forgot username options with her birth date and MRN but the same message comes up. I even tried creating a new account for her but it says the account with that MRN already exists.
Have you verified that the MRN and birthdate you're using are the same as listed on her membership record? Perhaps her birthdate is wrong on her membership record.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

eblood66 wrote:
kekanajt wrote:She is certain her username and password are correct. I tried the forgot password and forgot username options with her birth date and MRN but the same message comes up. I even tried creating a new account for her but it says the account with that MRN already exists.
Have you verified that the MRN and birthdate you're using are the same as listed on her membership record? Perhaps her birthdate is wrong on her membership record.
Be sure to verify the MRN from her membership record. A possibility is that she is using an incorrect MRN from her temple recommend. (If that is the case, she also should get that fixed.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:Perhaps her birthdate is wrong on her membership record.
It's not unthinkable that a mistake was make somewhere along the line. In some parts of the world use they use the format of dd/mm/yyyy instead of mm/dd/yyyy. If they were born in the first 12 days of the month, it's easy to mistake one for the other.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kekanajt wrote:. . . the system says: Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid . . .
Aside from looking at the membership record, you can check an MRN at LCR to see if it is valid, even if you only have the number and not a name to go with it. Of course, as the clerk, you can just type in the member's name and see what the MRN should be (and while you're at it, her date of birth).

Return to “Church Account”