Moving Record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

Moving Record

Post by wrigjef »

I just moved a record out of our Ward to a known forwarding address. This was the first time I've done this in my new calling as membership assistant clerk. I was surprised to see that after I entered in the new address and changed screens, there was another step requiring me to enter in the receiving unit. I had to look that up on the meetinghouse finder. I would have thought that the system would have known what unit to forward the records to based on the new address.
eblood66

Re: Moving Record

Post by eblood66 »

From what I've ever seen the list of units includes the normal ward as the first option and then other specialty units (YSA, language, etc) that cover the same area.

If it presented more than one general ward then it probably wasn't able to geocode the address exactly and couldn't identify a specific location for it. But that isn't the norm. Usually it will only present the wards that are valid for that location.
nikk3hi3tala

Re: Moving Record

Post by nikk3hi3tala »

At least in my country, it doesn't present any wards for the location. One needs to always specify the ward himself.

Return to “Membership Help”