Editing Home Teaching Statistics

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
pvtmathis

Editing Home Teaching Statistics

Post by pvtmathis »

The home teaching statistics page shows the home teaching statistics for the past year or so. We do have access to edit these statistics for the past 3 months. One of our organizations realized that they forgot to enter the home teaching stats for a month and they would like to go back and enter the correct numbers. Is it possible to edit these statistics beyond 3 months?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Editing Home Teaching Statistics

Post by russellhltn »

Yes, but be careful - you'll also see (and be able to edit) the stats for members who have moved into the ward since then. In other words, you'll want to record visits, but not erase any visits that are shown.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pvtmathis

Post by pvtmathis »

Where do we make the edits at? Leader and clerk resources only allows edits for the last three months
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

pvtmathis wrote:Where do we make the edits at? Leader and clerk resources only allows edits for the last three months
It does. you just have to dig a little deeper. I think looking at the year stats is your starting point.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

pvtmathis wrote:Where do we make the edits at? Leader and clerk resources only allows edits for the last three months
I can't find the topic to link to that tells you how, so here it is. Go to Households, click on the Name of the household, and then click on View Household Profile. There you can record visits for the last year. Click Done when you have finished.
ampman

Re: Home/Visiting Teaching performance

Post by ampman »

I am trying to enter home teaching data for the month of October 2015 but the list has me limited to viewing Nov-Dec-Jan. Can I go back to do this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Home/Visiting Teaching performance

Post by aebrown »

ampman wrote:I am trying to enter home teaching data for the month of October 2015 but the list has me limited to viewing Nov-Dec-Jan. Can I go back to do this?
[Moderator note: I moved your post to a more appropriate topic.]

If you read the posts in this topic, particularly the post prior to yours, you'll see how this is done.
ejoven

Post by ejoven »

Thank you for getting back to me. I love the new website by the way. I think you are doing great things,

On this HT reporting issue, I don't get the HT info until after the quarter is over. I think that the easyist way to fix this is to give us 4 months on the page. Or you could let us choose the month range or put the whole year on a reporting page. Make a page to print to give to the leaders with the three months of the quarter and a seperate page to do the reporting with a greater and configurable month range.

I found the way to go back to past months by going household by household, this takes a long time. and would have to be done every quarter.

You want us to report by quarterly but make it hard to access or enter the date by quarters.

It is the same with the attendance rolls. If you don't print the rolls in the current quarter, you have the wrong months on the list.

Also it would be great if there were a way to enter attendance data the same way we enter home teaching data (an attendance roll with check boxes) then the
attendance could be calculated automatically.

Thanks again for all the great work you do.
Ed Young
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

ejoven wrote:On this HT reporting issue, I don't get the HT info until after the quarter is over.
I've never been in a ward where HT/VT is only reported at the end of the quarter. It's always monthly. And I think the system is designed for monthly reporting. That's why it has the 3 month window it does: 2 months back in case there are any straggler reports (ie the teachers didn't report the previous month but now say they did the last two months), 1 month back for reporting the most recent month and the current month in case teachers report before the end of the month. Showing two months back also makes it easy to see who hasn't been taught in at least two months.
ejoven wrote:You want us to report by quarterly but make it hard to access or enter the date by quarters.
Although the quarterly report is due quarterly, I've never seen anything that indicates HT/VT should only be reported quarterly. In fact Handbook 2 7.4.4 explicitly says that HT should be reported monthly to leaders. If the leaders are supposed to get monthly reports then it only makes sense to enter those reports into the system monthly.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

ejoven wrote:I found the way to go back to past months by going household by household, this takes a long time. and would have to be done every quarter.

You want us to report by quarterly but make it hard to access or enter the date by quarters.
"Quorum and group leaders receive monthly home teaching reports from each companionship." -- Handbook 2, 7.4.4

We receive feedback every quarter (it has already started for this quarter) telling us that it is difficult to complete the quarterly report because only the current months and two previous months are shown. The instructions on the quarterly report say "Record the number of families who were visited by home teachers during the last month of the quarter." (emphasis mine) There is no need to see an entire quarter's worth of home or visiting teaching data to complete the quarterly report. You only need to see the last month of the quarter.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”