[BUG REPORT] LCR Home Teaching

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mattfarley

[BUG REPORT] LCR Home Teaching

Post by mattfarley »

Bug:

-It is now July 1st, 10am, here in Manila, Philippines
-It is June 30th, late PM, in Salt Lake City
-I browse to LCR --> Home Teaching

-BUG: Because it's July in the Philippines, the headers over the 3 months of check boxes have now changed from [Apr/May/Jun] to [May/Jun/Jul] but the "tick marks" in the boxes below are still representing [Apr/May/Jun]'s data

In the screenshot below, the checks under July are actually the checks that were put in for June.

Link to Screenshot: http://mattfarley.net/bug.jpg (the [img] tags didn't work)

My suspicion is that the headers (May/Jun/Jul) are keyed to my local timezone (Manila, Philippines), but the data in the checkboxes is keyed to U.S. (Utah?) timezone. Hence, the mismatch between the headers and the checkboxes.

PS -- I searched high and low and could not find the proper place to submit a bug report. Hopefully this is it.
eblood66

Re: [BUG REPORT] LCR Home Teaching

Post by eblood66 »

mattfarley wrote:PS -- I searched high and low and could not find the proper place to submit a bug report. Hopefully this is it.
The official way to submit bug reports for LCR is to use the Feedback link at the bottom of any page of LCR.

The forums are for user-to-user support. It can often be useful to discuss possible bugs here to see if it's really a bug (but in your case it looks pretty straightforward) but to make sure the developers get the report you need to use the Feedback link.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:The forums are for user-to-user support. It can often be useful to discuss possible bugs here to see if it's really a bug (but in your case it looks pretty straightforward)
It's also nice to tip off others who might see something odd and wonder if it's just them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mattfarley

Post by mattfarley »

Thanks all! I've reported it using the feedback link.
mattfarley

Post by mattfarley »

This same bug struck again, Aug 1st here in the Philippines, July 31st in the U.S.

This is classic timezone management, c'mon devs!!

(and yes I reported it using the feedback link but never received a response!)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

After you have reported the bug using the Feedback link, there is nothing more you can do. The developers rarely come here and probably will not see your comment. (That's the reason for using Feedback.)

The good news is that the developers do see the Feedback. The bad news is that the bugs are then prioritized by others, which has an effect on when they are able to get to the code to make a particular change.

So while it may be an easy fix (I don't know that), they will only get to it when it bubbles to the top of the list. It's a lousy way for the rest of us to have to learn patience, but there is nothing more that any of us can do about it.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”