Online donation training

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
tubaloth

Online donation training

Post by tubaloth »

This is really just an idea right now.

Our stake/ward just got turned on to do tithing online.
I created a walk through handout with screen shots and all and put in the ward program. I still don't think enough people have even tried it.

I just had a thought that maybe I show the intro video that comes up when you first go to donations.
Is there a way I can download it (maybe even a higher resolution)? I'm going to talk to the bishop and maybe show it on the 5th Sunday lesson this month. Then take any questions people have.

I wouldn't mind showing things off. But I don't really want the ward to know my tithing details. (if it didn't show the tithing on the right side it wouldn't be that big of deal). Is there like some demo account that I can use just to show things off?

Just wondering.

One other idea, is there a way to let people donate to a ward other account? Like if people want to pay for Scout Camp or Young Woman's camp?
I get you can't turn on all the other accounts. But maybe something in MLS where I allow that other account to show up online?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Online donation training

Post by aebrown »

tubaloth wrote:I just had a thought that maybe I show the intro video that comes up when you first go to donations.
Is there a way I can download it (maybe even a higher resolution)? I'm going to talk to the bishop and maybe show it on the 5th Sunday lesson this month. Then take any questions people have.
You can download the video by going to the Online Donations help page, then clicking on the Watch tab. Then you'll see a "Download Files" link in the upper left corner. There's a "large" version that is 1200 pixels wide, so that's pretty good resolution.
tubaloth wrote:I wouldn't mind showing things off. But I don't really want the ward to know my tithing details. (if it didn't show the tithing on the right side it wouldn't be that big of deal). Is there like some demo account that I can use just to show things off?
There's no demo account. If you have access to a child's account in the ward who might not have much activity and doesn't mind that might be an option, but it's obviously a delicate issue to show the live screens where you can only show a real person's real data.
tubaloth wrote:One other idea, is there a way to let people donate to a ward other account? Like if people want to pay for Scout Camp or Young Woman's camp?
I get you can't turn on all the other accounts. But maybe something in MLS where I allow that other account to show up online?
That's not an option. See answer to Q10 in the Answers to General Questions section.
tubaloth

Post by tubaloth »

Thanks.

I thought there had to be a way to download that video.

Bummer about not being able to pay fund raising money through it. It must be one of those money rules or something.

Maybe instead of dong a type of live demo I grab some screen shots. Show the different pages. (I blur out stuff I don't want to be seen).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tubaloth wrote:Maybe instead of dong a type of live demo I grab some screen shots. Show the different pages. (I blur out stuff I don't want to be seen).
I've done power point presentations that way. Since you have a cursor on-screen, you can use it to "click" on a link and advance the slide. I've thrown people off into thinking they're watching a live demo. (Not to mention the fantastic response time.) The key is to come up with a script and stick to it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

tubaloth wrote:Bummer about not being able to pay fund raising money through it.
With the exception of sub-accounts created by Church headquarters, the "Other" sub-accounts under the AMFA (Authorized Member Financed Activites) sub-category created at the unit level are controlled by the unit. These sub-categories (accounts) are created and deleted at the local level and are not transmitted to headquarters. As such headquarters cannot identify and know what sub-accounts exist for the purpose of depositing contributions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ggraff@hbeg.com

Post by ggraff@hbeg.com »

I was planning to use the online donation demo video in a training meeting next week but I've noticed that it is not available. Will it be back up soon?
wadehinrichs

Post by wadehinrichs »

I am interested in this as well. The training video has been unavailable since I started checking a few days ago. I'm not sure how long it has been down. Does anyone know if this video is located anywhere else? I have searched, but have been unsuccessful.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you sent feedback through the Feedback link at the bottom of the page? Perhaps it was removed accidentally with a site update.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ggraff@hbeg.com

Post by ggraff@hbeg.com »

Thanks, I just did.
jtryon4

Post by jtryon4 »

The video is available at the link above posted by aebrown (watch) in August

Return to “Local Unit Finance”