LDSTech forum reverted to phpBB theme after logging in?

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
nathangg

LDSTech forum reverted to phpBB theme after logging in?

Post by nathangg »

Hi!

When I am not logged in to this forum the theme matches the rest of LDS.org.

When I do log in to the forum, it looks like phpBB (see attached).

I've tried this in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
2015-08-01_1653.png
(53.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
It seems like that there are many 404 errors reported by my browser (images and some css)

Thanks~!
russelljd

Re: LDSTech forum reverted to phpBB theme after logging in?

Post by russelljd »

I'm seeing this as well. Started yesterday for me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Yes. A software upgrade, I've been told. Apparently a number of issues. There's a LDS theme you can pick from, but it's missing too many controls right now to be very useful.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

I've seen that too. All these changes this week have been awesome ;-)

I also can't see the page numbers if a topic has multiple pages unless I'm logged in and it shows the phpBB view. So far ctrl+F5 does nothing to get page numbers back. If I sort by descending I can see new posts, but only those on the last page of the topic. Problem seen with: Win 8.1 Firefox and chrome, iphone 6 iOS 8.1.2 safari and chrome, Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 chrome.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'm happy it reverted to the phpBB default. I should have manually switched the setting a long time ago. The default icons are so much better. I can now easily discern what has been read and what has not been read. This was a complaint by several people some time ago with the LDS theme.
rsidwell

Post by rsidwell »

I like the new theme too (even if it isn't really "new" but a default theme). It took a minute to find the "unread posts" option, but it's nice to have the Back button working properly. With the old theme, I always had to click it twice.
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

rsidwell wrote:I like the new theme too (even if it isn't really "new" but a default theme). It took a minute to find the "unread posts" option, but it's nice to have the Back button working properly. With the old theme, I always had to click it twice.
I agree, I think the site works better too.
Roland
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

Tanner and I have pushed up some fixes to the LDS white theme. We updated phpBB to 3.1.x and the underlying structure changed so the old brown themes don't work anymore. The default phpBB theme of prosilver is included, and we are fixing things in the ldswhite so that all the features are there. I like the admin control panel link at the top, and the collapsed menu. The quick-reply is back with the change we just pushed as well as different icons for messages and threads. There are now buttons on the right side of a post header for edit, delete, report, warn, info and quote. Holler if you find more things that work in prosilver and don't work on ldswhite. We'd like ldswhite to be as good an experience as prosilver.

We also upgraded MediaWiki. That was relatively painless as it's just a version bump. Both of these updates had some security fixed upstream.
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

IMG_ICON_CONTACT_EMAIL_SRC seems to still be missing.

Tanner and I will look into that. Something is funky with avatar images too.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

TimRiker wrote:Holler if you find more things that work in prosilver and don't work on ldswhite.
ldswhite is missing the quick-mod tools that are usually found near the bottom of the page.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Help with this forum”