Feature request

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
rsardella

Feature request

Post by rsardella »

I have really loved this app ever since I first got it but there is one thing that has constantly been bugging me since almost the beginning. The problem is the way that updates to texts and manuals are done. The only way to get an update is to navigate to the out-of-date book, manual, or video from the homepage then try to open it while you have a network connection. If you use one of those tablets that only uses wi-fi because you don't want to get involved in a data plan then this can be really annoying and if you search for a term and it pops up in an out-of-date manual, then you will only be able to get a blank page without any indication of what went wrong. The latter problem has been the cause of numerous problems for my technically illiterate mother and has led to numerous unsuccessful technical support inquiries to me for several months until now. What I want is for the program to allow any other book access to be started from anywhere other than the main listing as well as a way to automatically update the books without repeated human intervention.
lmcguire

Re: Feature request

Post by lmcguire »

I'm not certain I understand the issue, but, it sounds like one of the following:

1) You library is corrupted. This happened to me on both of my android devices recently. I had to clear all data and re-download the entire library, then links from manuals to, for example, general conference talks, worked again; and manual updates happened automatically (I'm subscribed to the entire library); etc.

2) You need to do an initial download of more content and then _subscribe_ to the content so that it automatically updates whenever you're connected to Wi-Fi. (The only way the links would not work is if part of the library updated and part didn't - which to me would indicate either that you're not subscribed at all - and things update on access; or you're only subscribed to some things and so links to unsubscribed things don't work as easily.)

Personally, I find it easier to download the entire library and subscribe to everything. It's only a big download once, after that, the updates are almost always a matter of seconds.

If that doesn't help, please give us more information, including the platform(s) you're using (Android, iOS/Apple, Windows, whatever).

FWIW,

Liz

Return to “Gospel Library”