Check Cleared?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bhyde01

Check Cleared?

Post by bhyde01 »

I am looking to see if one of the expense checks has cleared. I thought I could do that in the view/update expense view, but now it just shows Approved, Issued, and Recorded under status. Can I assume if it says approved, it has cleared?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Check Cleared?

Post by russellhltn »

Release Notes for MLS 3.8.1
Under View/Update Donations and View Transfers, the Cleared status will now read “Approved,” which means that the transaction has been received and processed at Church headquarters.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bhyde01

Post by bhyde01 »

Thank you very much!
M.Baron

Post by M.Baron »

russellhltn wrote:Release Notes for MLS 3.8.1
Under View/Update Donations and View Transfers, the Cleared status will now read “Approved,” which means that the transaction has been received and processed at Church headquarters.
I am trying to see if a check has been cashed by the service provider (in this case the telephone company). They do not have a record of it, and the "Approved", to me, means that it was transmitted to CHQ and available to be cashed. I need a contact number or other information to find out if the check was cashed and when... therefore "Cleared".

Any recommendations or ideas are welcome. I need this information as soon as possible.
Thank you!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

judgebaron wrote:I am trying to see if a check has been cashed by the service provider (in this case the telephone company).
Local Unit Support will connect you to the Finance Department.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”