Changes in LCR not appearing in directory on lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
danrsorensen

Changes in LCR not appearing in directory on lds.org

Post by danrsorensen »

I am having a problem where I am editing/submitting calling information for seminary / institute callings in the Leader/Clerk Resources, but after the information is entered, it is not showing correctly under the Directory link of lds.org when going to "Stake Information" and then "Other Callings" and "Seminary and Institute". This is causing major frustration for my seminary supervisor who needs the information to contact the instructors. I have tried doing send/receive changes on MLS multiple times after submitting the information on LCR, but this seems to have no effect. Any thoughts?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Changes in LCR not appearing in directory on lds.org

Post by jdlessley »

danrsorensen wrote:I have tried doing send/receive changes on MLS multiple times after submitting the information on LCR, but this seems to have no effect.
Since MLS only displays changes made to CDOL from LCR and nothing more, doing send/receives on MLS will have no affect on callings displayed in the Directory.

Instead of going to MLS go to CDOL, if you have access permission, to see if the callings have made it to CDOL. Calling submitted within LCR should appear on CDOL within seconds if there are no problems.

Other posts made today indicate the Seminary and Institute callings have had recent changes. This thread indicates seminary teacher is showing as CES Assistant Institute Director.

Seminary and Institute callings appear in the Directory as a new group "Seminary and Institute" and not as a sub-group under "Other Callings" in the stake Directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
danrsorensen

Post by danrsorensen »

The callings have not made it to CDOL. If callings are changed in LCR now, is there a reason those changes are not reflected in the "Directory" portion of lds.org? Is there plans to change that? As much as I can tell, there is not even a position listed on CDOL for Seminary instructors or supervisors, with the exception of CES employees that supervise a larger area/program. I did have the issues you brought up with the calling showing up under the wrong title for seminary teachers, but just changed it in LCR again. It just doesn't seem to make sense that the Directory does not pull information directly off of changes made in LCR, if LCR is where all changes are supposed to be submitted now. I guess I'll just have to tell the supervisor that she'll have to get the information from somewhere else.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

There were issues with the names of some of the seminary and institute position types. Some of them got changed inadvertently. That has been fixed now.

Any changes made through LCR are made in CDOL. Directory reads it's callings from CDOL. If they are not showing the same thing then there may be a bug somewhere. LCR does show a better hierarchy of the organizations within the unit, while Directory rolls them up under just the top level.
danrsorensen

Post by danrsorensen »

Sounds like it may just be more an issue of me wanting CDOL to do something that it's not set up for. I'll look into the CDOL setup a little more to see if I can figure out anything else that might help. Thanks for the heads up on the seminary callings being changed--that did throw me for a loop.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”