File > Export option removed from MLS

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
mcg30916

File > Export option removed from MLS

Post by mcg30916 »

On Friday I went to do an MLS export on found the option missing in MLS. There is no facility to do this in LDS.org so my question is two fold...
1. Was the removal of the export option in MLS intentional or an update oversight?
2. If not an oversight, will facility in LDS.org be provided to do custom reports and exports to Excel or text files?

I was able to work around the issue for now by creating a custom report in MLS with the info I need and then saving to file, but since that format is different from the export and not all the fields in the export are available in the Custom Report menu, i am now faced with rebuilding a very complex spreadsheet that we used for analyzing boundary splits.

Any guidance here is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Matt D.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: File > Export option removed from MLS

Post by russellhltn »

It was quite deliberate. See No more MLS exports.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Re: File > Export option removed from MLS

Post by drepouille »

You may still be able to Export Households from the Directory on lds.org, but that export contains far less information than MLS or LCR.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Reports and Forms”