Error 2 - Not Authorized

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
francisco.camufingo

Error 2 - Not Authorized

Post by francisco.camufingo »

1) When performing send / Receive on MLS, "error 2 - Not Authorized" is displayed.
2) Will the financial part of MLS still be used?
Biggles

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by Biggles »

Is this a new installation of MLS?

If it is, the message indicates that a security token reset is required. That needs to be actioned through GSC. If this is indeed a token reset issue the finance part will be locked out.

The Ward Clerk or STS can request the security reset. The actual file to unlock the financial section may take a little time to be generated so be prepared to do several send/receives, before that happens!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Error 2 - Not Authorized

Post by russellhltn »

francisco.camufingo wrote:Will the financial part of MLS still be used?
It depends on what led up to the security reset being needed. If the backup was restored, or MLS re-installed, or moved to a new computer, then that would have triggered the security - and Finance will be locked out until a send/receive has been done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
francisco.camufingo

Post by francisco.camufingo »

Thanks for your reply. However, it is not a new installation of MLS. Actually, the Finance part of MLS I made reference to, goes in line with resources transferred to LRC. My question is, will Financial part of MLS be available in LRC?

The question came in mind when I received that error.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Currently, there is no finance function in LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
goginho

Post by goginho »

con quien me debo comunicar para solucionar este error soy del area sudamerica sur (chile)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

goginho wrote:con quien me debo comunicar para solucionar este error soy del area sudamerica sur (chile)
Try Support Contact Information for Chile.

Medenuck

Post by Medenuck »

have same problem. how do i contact the global service online. (not phone)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cyrilbrains wrote:have same problem. how do i contact the global service online. (not phone)
If you use the contact information for your country, you may be able to email. However, to do a reset, they need to verify who you are, so I'm not sure if they'll do a reset via email. This is a security issue.

JoDu

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by JoDu »

Biggles wrote:Is this a new installation of MLS?

If it is, the message indicates that a security token reset is required. That needs to be actioned through GSC. If this is indeed a token reset issue the finance part will be locked out.

The Ward Clerk or STS can request the security reset. The actual file to unlock the financial section may take a little time to be generated so be prepared to do several send/receives, before that happens!
Hello,

I have the same problem after installing a new computer. What is the GSC? Who do I call? Where can I find a number to the support?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”