Transfer funds from other to budget

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
scottgaroldlewis

Transfer funds from other to budget

Post by scottgaroldlewis »

Checks were written from the budget for high adventure and girls camp and should have come from the other account. How do I write a check and where do I send it to move those funds from the other account to budget? Or can I just go back into MLS and change where the funds come from?
eblood66

Re: Transfer funds from other to budget

Post by eblood66 »

scottgaroldlewis wrote:Checks were written from the budget for high adventure and girls camp and should have come from the other account. How do I write a check and where do I send it to move those funds from the other account to budget? Or can I just go back into MLS and change where the funds come from?
Just find the expenses under View/Update Expenses and adjust the category to the correct one. If there aren't sufficient funds in the Other account for all the expenses then you can split an expense and only put part of the expense in the Other account.

This will create a transfer for each expense from the Other account to the budget but the transfer will be associated with the original expense so it's easy to see that all expenses are appropriate for the Other account.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”