Correct MRN

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
lealcorteslds

Correct MRN

Post by lealcorteslds »

Hi everyone! Im from Colombia and my inquiry is about how can i change the MRN that is shown in my lds account. Believe it or not i dont know why this MRN is wrong: has two extra zeros and 1 number form the number itself is mistaken. Thanks in advance friends.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Correct MRN

Post by russellhltn »

I'd get with your clerk to verify your MRN. It seems unlikly that the MRN on your LDS Account is wrong since the birthdate comes from the membership records.

If it really is wrong, you'd probably have to Contact Support to fix it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dedgovel

Post by dedgovel »

Have the same problem here in Australia
Tried 3 different MRN numbers of different members in the ward that have accounts as well as my own. Copied and pasted the MRN right out of LCR into the recover username field date of birth is correct.
Just fails every time with Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account does not exist.

When I login to my account settings for my LDS account I have 2 extra 0's in my MRN. Using that number in the recover username fails as well.
Also the use MRN for account recovery setting is enable for my account as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dedgovel wrote:Copied and pasted the MRN right out of LCR into the recover username field date of birth is correct.
Just fails every time with Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account does not exist.
I just tried it with the MRN found in the directory. Works fine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

dedgovel wrote: When I login to my account settings for my LDS account I have 2 extra 0's in my MRN. Using that number in the recover username fails as well.
Also the use MRN for account recovery setting is enable for my account as well.
All real MRN's have the 13 digits. Most of the time it is displayed with just 11 (xxx-xxxx-xxxx). Some systems are better at recognizing mrn's in a variety of formats while others are more strict on what is required. I hadn't seen anyone displaying the full 13 digits before.
dedgovel

Post by dedgovel »

So the real question is if the MRN numbers are correct and the date of birth is correct why would it fail?
I noticed that you are from the U.S. Could it be an issues with the date of birth and the way it is formatted differently in different countries?
Just saying as under LCR my birth date is displayed as day, month, year whereas under my LDS account settings its month, day, year.
jodysk

Post by jodysk »

I'm having these same issue with my daughters account here in SLC, USA. I've emailed support, but have not received a response.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

The MRN formatting is the same globally. What would change is the first 3 numbers depending on where you were when you first received your MRN, for most people it will be where they were baptized. If the MRN is failing when you are trying to add it to a new account, either the MRN is in use, or the birthdate was entered incorrectly in LCR or MLS. You can check the latter by speaking with your ward clerk, and the prior by going through self support and requesting a username through your MRN and birthdate.

Return to “Church Account”