Building Scheduler - access gone

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
thegodfrey4

Building Scheduler - access gone

Post by thegodfrey4 »

I have been a building scheduler for over 7 years and have used the calendar since it was released. I have access as both a scheduler for all of my Ward Calendars and for setting restrictions for my assigned building for the 3 Wards that occupy it along with editing or deleting events once they are created. Today I am unable to create, edit or delete anything for the building as the Stake building scheduler, though I can still create, edit and delete events for my own Ward. The Stake Executive Secretary checked my access and I am still listed by calling, not by name, as the Stake building scheduler. I have tried different browsers, reboot my computer to no avail. What can we do or check to see why my access has suddenly changed and I unable to edit restrictions that I create?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Building Scheduler - access gone

Post by russellhltn »

thegodfrey4 wrote:The Stake Executive Secretary checked my access and I am still listed by calling, not by name, as the Stake building scheduler.
This is one of the few (perhaps the only) situation where your calling is irrelevant. What's important is that you are listed as the building scheduler for the facility in the calendar web app.

Have the Executive Secretary try this. Calendar > Gear icon > Locations & Rooms > select location Check who is the Building Scheduler.

However, I noticed that both schedulers for our stake center has disappeared. I suspect something is wrong with the calendar system. I'd wait until Monday afternoon and see if this resolves itself.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

All building schedulers in my stake have also been eliminated, and "Locations and Rooms" is not allowing me to add them again. Oh sure, it LOOKS like everything works when I click the Save button, but nothing is changed. I suppose I will have to start calling and e-mailing everyone involved, because I can't schedule a baptism for Saturday due to an existing restriction.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

I'm the Stake Website Administrator for my stake and the same thing has happened to us. I'm getting calls from my building schedulers saying they no longer have access, when I go into "Locations & Rooms" from the gear icon, all the building schedulers have been removed from all the buildings in our stake (except for me for one building). When I try to add them back, it appears to work; but after saving and going to the calendar, and click on a building, the no schedulers appear. Then, when I go back to "Locations & Rooms", the schedulers I just added (and saved) have disappeared. What do I do?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The Global Service Center told me they cannot help us, since the calendar is managed by a different group. They told me to click the Feedback link on any calendar page. I did so two days ago, but no response yet.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A new version of the calendar has just been announced as released. I find that I can add a building scheduler, and they appear to function (at least they have the option to create a restriction), but if I go back and even look at the location, they're gone and the building scheduler loses access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:A new version of the calendar has just been announced as released.
Where was this announced? Are there release notes?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
TerryLittlewood

Building schedulers disappear

Post by TerryLittlewood »

As the stake clerk I can check the status of building schedules and the assigned schedulers.
For some reason recently the schedulers are disappearing from the system (or being deleted somehow).
There are no schedulers for any of our buildings when I view the locations & rooms.
When I edit that building and try to add the schedulers back in, it shows until them (and I hit save) and when I reload and come back in there is still no one assigned.
Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Building schedulers disappear

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Where was this announced? Are there release notes?
In the forum: 2.7.5 Released today

TerryLittlewood wrote:Any suggestions?
Your post has been merged into an existing thread on the topic. What you might try is add the schedulers and then don't go back. They might have enough rights to function until you look the buildings again.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Building schedulers disappear

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:Where was this announced? Are there release notes?
In the forum: 2.7.5 Released today
That thread is from February. A new post in thread brought it to the top.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Calendar”