Unit Statistics

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
drepouille

Unit Statistics

Post by drepouille »

I am grateful for the statistics provided by the Quarterly Report, Key Indicators, Action and Interview List, and Unit Statistics.

As part of the North American Central Initiative, we have been asked to focus on prospective elders, non-LDS spouses, and unbaptized Members of Record Age 9 or Older. The unit statistics gives me the number of prospective elders and Members of Record Age 9 or Older, but I can find no report that allows me to drill down into those numbers to find the names. I know I can use standard and custom MLS reports to find those names, and I hope LCR will provide that information in the future.

I am currently serving as a ward mission leader.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mevans

Re: Unit Statistics

Post by mevans »

You can drill down to the Age 9 or Older and the Prospective Elders through the Unit Statistics Report in LCR. Just click on the label for the number in the report and it opens the detail. It looks like every label is a hyperlink (I'm a ward assistant clerk...I don't know if the detail is only available to certain callings). I don't see a way to get married members with an non-member spouse, though.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I tried that, but no luck. It may be because I don't have the privileges, or because I am forced to use IE 10 at work.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I must lack privileges, which is fine. I have discovered that unbaptized Members of Record Age 9 or Older are identified in the Member List of LCR by an asterisk to the left of their names.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Yes, there is an asterisk. Another thought is to ask a clerk to print the list for you. It probably doesn't change very frequently unless you have a lot of membership turnover.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

What you are describing here is probably a new feature, it was not quite available to me as a high priest group secretary, I was released four months ago.

It was pointed out during the tech broadcast that IE (any flavor) does not work well with LCR. They said Chrome is the best for viewing it, same thing for certain features in FamilySearch. IE is a web/internet security hazard too, despite some fixes, the security holes are such that 'you could drive two semi-trucks side by side through it', as one programmer I know put it.

We're supposed to see a new browser with Windows 10, but it remains to be seen how good it really will be.
opee

Post by opee »

Can Ward Council or PEC members have access to the reports on the Quarterly Report? As a bishopric member, I can login and see hyperlinks in the right hand side of the report. These links show me the details behind the Quarterly Report stats.

Unfortunately the YM President in our Ward can't see the details behind which YM in the Ward are not ordained. It would be helpful for him and others to be able to access these sub reports so they can be effective in their stewardships and not have to ask the Bishopric or Ward Clerk for this information. I don't think the EQ president can access it either.

Any insight on how/if access can be granted?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

opee wrote:Any insight on how/if access can be granted?
If they're able to get access to LCR at all, then their calling is likely recorded correctly. That's the only tool you have.

I'd suggest giving feedback using the link in LCR itself.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

opee wrote:Can Ward Council or PEC members have access to the reports on the Quarterly Report? As a bishopric member, I can login and see hyperlinks in the right hand side of the report. These links show me the details behind the Quarterly Report stats.

Unfortunately the YM President in our Ward can't see the details behind which YM in the Ward are not ordained.
Only members of the bishopric, including clerks and executive secretary, may see personal information, such as ordinances, temple recommend status, and family members (such as parents). I am sure this is for privacy and security. I am sure the Handbook states that all others should ask the clerk to provide other information the bishop deems necessary for them to receive.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

opee wrote:Unfortunately the YM President in our Ward can't see the details behind which YM in the Ward are not ordained
Instead of using the quarterly report to see the data the YM president needs, he should be using the Organizations tab in LCR. He will have access to the YM Organization. In the three quorums there is a section for membership of each quorum. There is a Priesthood column right after the membership names. That is where the YM president can see if a young man in the quorum is ordained. If there is nothing in that column then the young man has not been ordained.

Those organization listings do not provide a simple single source list for unordained members. But it is a way to see what offices, if any, a young man holds. While the YM president cannot see what data drove the quarterly report he can see the data as of the day he looks into the LCR "Organizations" lists. That data is more important when dealing with the progress of individual young men. That is real time data. The clerk deals with historical data.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”