Cleaning and Paper Supplies in Chapel

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
joecondanmic

Cleaning and Paper Supplies in Chapel

Post by joecondanmic »

Church has Standard procedure and instruction on how we carrying out the Cleaning job in the Chapel. Especially on the use of Cleaning materials and they were stocked in our custodial room and was maintained by our FM Group. Recently, they sent a Note to all Bishops in our Stake, informing us that we have to Manage the Cleaning Materials and Paper Supplies Inventory by ourselves. see bellows :
-------------------------------------------
Hi bishops.

Please pass along to the ward building reps:

Starting August 1st there will be no more contractor that will re-stock the cleaning supplies and paper supplies in the custodial closet. We will now rely on you each of you to contact the FM office if you are running low of stock. Please give us a week notice and we will re-stock them for you. Please maintain the member custodial closet neat and organize
---------------------------------------------------------------------
As a Church member, we are please to carrying out the cleaning job for our Chapel, but to Manage the Inventory of Cleaning Supplies seemed to be too much and confusing for us. Like we may not know what items should be stocked there and what is the Re-order Qty. If at one time, its run out of stock and we have to wait a week for the replenishment and our duties cannot be fulfilled. Also, we have 3 Units within the same building and it may create a problem of reporting the shortage, cause we are not sure someone else may have reported the shortage or not.

Does anybody in other Stake or Ward have the same Request from your local FM Group or this is just a individual Request in our area in Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cleaning and Paper Supplies in Chapel

Post by russellhltn »

joecondanmic wrote:Like we may not know what items should be stocked there and what is the Re-order Qty.
Seems like a simple list would solve that problem. Check the list against quantity left after each cleaning and reorder if it's indicated. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what 1-2 weeks supply looks like. It may be necessary to error on the side of caution - such as ordering when the last package is opened rather than waiting for that package to reach a certain level.

Granted, that's a lot to ask for an individual member to know, but doesn't seem like it should be outside the capability of ward leadership to figure out and organize.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

It seems to me the simplest thing to do is have the High Councilman over facilities work with FM to create the list and qty's that you mention, because you are exactly right about how complicated it is. somethings run out quick, others do not, and we don't have the insight into that kind of inventory maintenance. It seems that a message like that should be accompanied with the list and instructions, but like most things in the church, we just figure it out as we go.

You might suggest to the Stake President that a service missionary be called that could cover this consistently for all the meetinghouses in your stake. That might be the best option.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

joecondanmic wrote:Does anybody in other Stake or Ward have the same Request from your local FM Group or this is just a individual Request in our area in Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
We have been doing this for over five years. The FM Group helped us set up a minimum inventory. The Building PFR watches the supply levels (at least monthly) and sends the request to the FM Group when supplies reach that level. The FM Group restocks the cabinet within a week or so.

If a building temporarily does not have a called building PFR, the stake PFR works with local leaders to review the inventory, or does it himself on an occasional basis between callings.
rggoodie

Post by rggoodie »

We have just been informed by our Facilities group, that they are no longer taking orders for supplies.

We need to go to the Staples site and order the approved supplies and they approve and pay for the order.

Has anyone downloaded the list in a format that we all can use If so - how may I get a copy of your list

Thank you
Richard in Ohio
rggoodie70@gmail.com
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I just called my FM, and he confirmed that effective 1 Jun 2019, ward building representatives will be responsible for ordering all paper and cleaning supplies through Staples. The FM has been replacing toilet paper, paper towel, and soap dispensers to be compatible with the new supplies.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:I just called my FM, and he confirmed that effective 1 Jun 2019, ward building representatives will be responsible for ordering all paper and cleaning supplies through Staples.
Well, that should be interesting. We don't have a Staples in our area. Not everyone is in a postilion to receive large packages and transport them to the chapel. (I'm still remembering the day I got a call from the stake president. His wife had just received 9 computers with 17" CRT monitors at home. They were being stored in a screened-in porch. Fortunately, I was able to borrow the company van and move them to church.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I had a similar situation, trying to move a dozen new computers and monitors from the stake offices into my Prius for delivery to all the wards in western Iowa and eastern Nebraska. My wife was also the FHC director at the time, so she received several "cascaded" computers at our home for the FHC.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

rggoodie wrote:We have just been informed by our Facilities group, that they are no longer taking orders for supplies.
Does anyone know who pays for the supplies in this scenario? The FM group used to pay for them but if the ward is ordering them, I expect the ward to be charged. We are the agent ward so will have to work through that with 2 other wards in the building, not to mention the impact this will have on our budget unless the Stake increases it. We have not heard of this change yet in our ward in Oklahoma.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:Does anyone know who pays for the supplies in this scenario?
That's a good question. I'd hope that a special account would be used that bills it to the church and not the ward. But what's to keep units from ordering copier supplies on that account?

Return to “General Discussions”