Opening Notes and Saving Not Working Properly

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mlz01

Opening Notes and Saving Not Working Properly

Post by mlz01 »

I have been having a lot of trouble with the online notes and journal. I have tried different computers and different browsers and have the same problem on each. This has been going on for months. I will click on a note in the unassigned notebook so I can edit it and move it where I want it, and it takes several times to get it to work if at all. It does one of several things--usually it will open then close really quickly before I have a chance to do anything. It will do this several times over and over. When I can get it to open and stay open, it will let me type notes and click which notebook I want, add tags etc, then when I click save, either nothing happens and it won't let me click save, or it lets me click it and a circle keeps spinning but it never stops or saves. Every now and then it will actually perform the way it should and save. It is getting very frustrating. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks
buffy65

Re: Opening Notes and Saving Not Working Properly

Post by buffy65 »

I have been having the same issue. I need help as well. I need this option to complete my homework, yet I don't know how to fix it. PLEASE if anyone knows how to fix this issue, I would some help.
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

It's also not letting me delete them now either. It absolutely will not let me save a note that has a link associated with it. The other notes without links I can get to save after several tries but not if it has a link. It's getting frustrating. I have had different problems in the past with things not working and within a few weeks it would start working. But, this issue has been going on several months now and it's making things difficult.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

LDS.org doesn't support adding study tool links (only Gospel Library), so that's probably the reason it doesn't support saving updates to notes with links either. Hopefully LDS.org will support study tool links in a future update.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

I have been able to reassign notes with links before online with no problem. I've been doing it since the links became available on the droid app. But a couple of months ago I started having problems with them and everything else. So, I don't know what's going on. ??????
hardmank

Post by hardmank »

Has there been any resolution on this yet?
brentm

Post by brentm »

After just 5 minutes of looking at the dev console you'll see: "A Parser-blocking, cross site... Script, ... is invoked via document.write.
Blah ...
X Failed to load resource.. status of 404.
and on... Uncaught DOMException: Failed to read the 'localStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document.
at randId
I'm an IT guy, but not a professional programmer.

This should at least be given a trouble ticket as a known bug.
kjdiederich

Post by kjdiederich »

Adding my two bits. I've tried using notes on the gospel library app from time to time over the years and it always has one bug or another that won't work. The web app now hangs when trying to edit/save a note. I use a Mac. Tried Chrome, then switched to safari. updated Flash. Nothing helped so far. These app features are great, if you can get them to work reliably. Please fix.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kjdiederich wrote:Please fix.
Please be sure to submit Feedback outlining your problem. No one here will be able to fix it. This is a user-to-user forum and the developers do not normally frequent it.

Feedback goes to the folks who are able to make a difference.
wedis

Post by wedis »

LDS Notes not saving; limited functionality
I am having the same trouble, actually for a long time.
I am running Windows 10 Pro 2017 platform on my Dell latitude E6440 laptop. 64 bit
Tried multiple browsers including google chrome, Firefox, MS edge, Opera
Nothing I try seems to help. Downloaded Adobe flash player and selected ‘Allow’ still nothing.
OBSERVATIONS…
From scripture tab…
Can highlight, add notes and assign to only one notebook,
Can return to the scripture and add further notes through the scripture link
No option to add Name to journal entry.

From the Notebook tab…
Cannot assign another Notebook to scripture reference, the Save button circling icon never stops
Cannot add a Name (optional)..to the scripture reference. the Save button does nothing. This is important if you want to look up things by phrase, title or topic that you have noted.
Cannot add further notes in the note field.

I don't know where to post to the technicians other than i can fill in the webpage feedback and hope somebody forwards it.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”