Request to have my name removed from the records of the chur

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
RyanGard1977

Request to have my name removed from the records of the chur

Post by RyanGard1977 »

Without going into details as to why and without having those who may be viewing this topic try to hound me with the "why's" and "consequences of my actions" nonsense, I am requesting to know the correct procedure in having my name removed from the records of the church. Can I simply send a signed letter to my Bishop and/or Stake President asking that my name be removed?

Thank you for your time
Ryan Gardner
simonawright

Re: Request to have my name removed from the records of the

Post by simonawright »

You need to send a signed letter to your Bishop stating your desire to have your name removed from the records of the church. He will then take the necessary action from there.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, you want to leave the church immediately without any feedback or waiting period or uncomfortable conversation with a priesthood leader. Does such a procedure exists? I don't know, and I would be surprised if the moderators would allow such a procedure to be openly posted on this site, which is officially hosted by the church. It's my understanding that there are countless other websites out there offering to help you leave the church anyway.

In all sincerity, just go to your Bishop. There might be an uncomfortable conversation but maybe not. Why would you be afraid of that? Let the Bishop do what he has to do and then you can both have some closure and leave each other in peace. Why not?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

You can find this information much easier if you google it. There are even standard template letters that will say all the right things for you to minimize interaction with church leaders.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “General Discussions”