Name lists in HT area of LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
TheCapnVideo

Name lists in HT area of LCR

Post by TheCapnVideo »

I cannot find some members in the home teaching ...
A large number of families and individuals do not show up under
Home teaching
households
filtered by
not assigned home teachers

i an find them if I know their names under

companionships
edit
add name

But since I can not get a list of unassigned names under

households
filtered by
not assigned home teachers

i cannot work on creating changes in the HT companionships which include them.
There seems to be no common thread that determines which families / individuals appear on the
Overview
Households not Visited (or) Households not Assigned Lists

These two lists combined is still not the complete list of families available under
My Account and Ward | My Ward | Directory.

Also there should be a way to mark a family or person as visited if they are unassigned a HT but are met with by the Presidency or Bishopric. This occurs with new converts that have not been assigned but are followed closely by the Bishopric and EQPresidency before they are assigned a to a companionship. In a Branch like mine with only 11 eligible home teachers and 250 families on the rolls it is impractical to assign each companionship 41 households. The job is overwhelming at the onset and things must be filtered to find out who needs what and can best be served by whom, meanwhile there are people being visited but nt counted.

Brother Caputo, EQP
Greenfield, MA
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Name lists in HT area of LCR

Post by russellhltn »

TheCapnVideo wrote:There seems to be no common thread that determines which families / individuals appear on the
Overview Households not Visited (or) Households not Assigned Lists
By default, Households that do not have a Elder as a head-of-house will be assigned to the High Priests group. As a EQP, your list of unassigned will all be Elders. Currently, there's no way to change that default but I understand changes are being considered - particularly for YSA wards which do not have a High Priests Group.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TheCapnVideo

Post by TheCapnVideo »

In my branch there si no HP group. Though we have HPs in the Branch on a typical Sunday (this week) in Elder's Quorum we were outnumbered by investigators and visitors.

Our HPs are now either home bound, inactive or ficticious (no longer in unit but records never requested after a move) names on the rolls. I have 25 families listed under HP that I cannot see and the EQ does the home teaching as we have only two HPs that are physically capable. New Members and reactivating members are HT by the BP and EQP as a companionship. Though I assigned the companionship under EQ the names by default show up under HP (single sisters etc) Since we do not have a functioning HP Group leader or HP group I cannot access to assign from LCR though, s i said, if I know the name I can pull them in. It would be nice to have the 184 families / people that appear under "HP" or "Unassigned Households" to show up on a list that i can access to mark as visited, consider for HT assignment, and to look at to discuss with the BP since there is no HT that will be doing that.

My HT stats do not reflect the visits we actually make:
Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul
High Priests Visits
[redacted]
Elders Visits
[redacted]
Visits to Unassigned Households
[redacted]
Total Visits
[redacted]

I cannot see (fill in visits to) more than half of the unassigned households or the 25 HT households.
Last edited by jdlessley on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: redacted confidential unit data
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

For units such as yours where there is no HPG you will have to ask your branch clerk for the list of unassigned prospective elders and single sisters from the HPG. He has access to that list by selecting High Priests.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
TheCapnVideo

Post by TheCapnVideo »

Back to the old way then.
montymontana

Post by montymontana »

If you sign in on lds.org and click on "Leader and Clerk Resources" then navigate to the "Organizations" menu on the left hand side of the screen you can select the different organizations. In your case you'd select "High Priests Group". If you notice a household that is assigned to High Priests Group that should be in Elders Quorum you can select the checkbox next to that household name. Up at the top of the list there is a drop down menu that lets you assign them to a different organization. I experimented and moved an individual from EQ to HP and back again. Seemed to work pretty well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

montymontana wrote:If you sign in on lds.org and click on "Leader and Clerk Resources" then navigate to the "Organizations" menu on the left hand side of the screen you can select the different organizations. In your case you'd select "High Priests Group". If you notice a household that is assigned to High Priests Group that should be in Elders Quorum you can select the checkbox next to that household name. Up at the top of the list there is a drop down menu that lets you assign them to a different organization. I experimented and moved an individual from EQ to HP and back again. Seemed to work pretty well.
Uhhhh, you sure that's "household" and not just the individual's assignment to a quorum for roll-taking?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

montymontana wrote:Up at the top of the list there is a drop down menu that lets you assign them to a different organization. I experimented and moved an individual from EQ to HP and back again. Seemed to work pretty well.
This only moves the individual from a quorum to another quorum. It does not affect the availability of a prospective elder household in the list of unassigned for home teaching. That unassigned prospective elder and his household will still only be listed in the HPG list of unassigned households even though that prospective elder himself has been assigned to the Elders Quorum.

That being said, that household can still be assigned to be taught by an EQ companionship. The name must be manually typed into the textbox rather than using the drop-down list of unassigned households.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
TheCapnVideo

Post by TheCapnVideo »

That is confusing.
So from what I see I have both a new member and a reactivating Aaronic Priesthood holder assigned to the non-existing High Priests' Class and listed as HP Group Members. These two guys have callings as EQ teachers... they are unassigned a home teacher. by moving them to Elder's quorum they are now ... what? visible on the Elder's unassigned list? No.

In fact the one does not show up as EQ instructor he now shows up as Priesthood instructor... i shouldn't have been able to do that.
The other guy does show up as EQ member though i still do not have him on the unassigned list.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You're still confusing assignment of an individual to a class for attendance and assignment of a Household to a quorum for Home Teaching. Two different things. Currently, one does not follow the other.

By default, non-elders are assigned to the HP. For purposes of attendance, they can be re-assigned to the EQ.

But there's no way to re-assign them for HT except to assign them to a district. If they ever become unassigned, they will revert back to the default (non-Elder to HP). Apparently, assigning them as a HT in the EQ doesn't change the Household's default either.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”