Membership Discrepancies in MLS & LCR

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
CWatsonJr

Membership Discrepancies in MLS & LCR

Post by CWatsonJr »

I have 3 membership records I am unable change due to being on LCR 3.0. When I go to LCR to change the records, the problems don't show. I have (had?) a fourth record with a move problem that I may have resolved myself.

The first record is a brother who shows twice in the High Priests Group. I am unable to delete one of the entries (the member report reads High Priests Group, High Priests Group, Gospel Doctrine for Groups Class) in MLS and in LCR there is only one drop down for a group, so there is no way to change the second group.

The second and third records are youth. Their groups and classes are switched from the normal (group first, class second). I don't have a way in MLS to switch them around and there is no way in LCR to switch them.

The fourth record I may have resolved myself, but I will have to wait to see what MLS does. I moved a record on June 1st and when I ran the member report on June 30th, her record was still in MLS. I looked in LCR and the record wasn't there. I moved the record again (from MLS this time). When I checked MLS before I left today, it wasn't there. I will check later in the week to see if it pops back in.

The problem with the first three records is when I run the member report and sort by Groups & Classes, their records don't sort correctly.

Is there a way to get these records fixed?

Thank you in advance!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Membership Discrepancies in MLS & LCR

Post by russellhltn »

To start with, I'd do a unit refresh on MLS. That will bring MLS into sync with what CHQ has.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CWatsonJr

Post by CWatsonJr »

Than you. I will do that this Sunday AM.
CWatsonJr

Post by CWatsonJr »

I did the member refresh today. It solved the member who had High Priest Group two times and the member I moved the record for in June 1st is gone. I still have the two youth records where the Organization Class is opposite of everyone else (class is first, organization is second). They read "Course 15, Mia Maid" and "Course 15, Teachers Quorum" so when I sort the report, they do not show with their other organization members.

Is there something else I can do to get those two records straightened out?

Thank you for your assistance!!!

Cliff

Return to “Membership Help”