Mailing Address vs Residential

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
boofuss60

Mailing Address vs Residential

Post by boofuss60 »

How to print out a list with the mailing addresses? We are one of many rural wards wherein many members have separate residential and mailing addresses. Many of our printed list (for obvious reasons such as Relief Society birthday care mailing, etc.) need to show the mailing address, not the residential address. I suppose we could show both if needed. But how to perform this simple task? I just don't see it.

And, I know this is not related, but another extremely simple task...how to search the forum for the exact phrase "mailing address" (i.e. instead of dealing with separate words which is not helpful when one wants an exact phrase). This is probably too simple but the quotes just don't seem to do it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Mailing Address vs Residential

Post by russellhltn »

boofuss60 wrote:How to print out a list with the mailing addresses?
You can do it from the mailing labels function, but I don't think it's available for most of the reports. Since things are moving to LCR, I doubt any changes will be made to MLS, but hopefully considered for LCR.

boofuss60 wrote:And, I know this is not related, but another extremely simple task...how to search the forum for the exact phrase "mailing address" (i.e. instead of dealing with separate words which is not helpful when one wants an exact phrase). This is probably too simple but the quotes just don't seem to do it.
Hence the tip in my signature. (With a slight adjustment, it works for the forum as well.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Mailing Address vs Residential

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
boofuss60 wrote:How to print out a list with the mailing addresses?
You can do it from the mailing labels function, but I don't think it's available for most of the reports.
Actually, the mailing labels function is available more often than not in MLS. See the wiki article Mailing labels for details.

Of course, as has been noted, more and more functions of MLS are moving to LCR, and LCR doesn't seem to have support for mailing labels at this point. But for those lists that are still in MLS, many of them do support the Mailing Labels feature.

Return to “Membership Help”