Error trying to move out records

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
aaronwjohnston

Error trying to move out records

Post by aaronwjohnston »

I am trying to move a less-active member's record out of our ward to where they belong. I have the correct address and phone number. The appropriate ward appears. But whenever I click the "Move Out of Ward" button, I get an error message: "Please correct the errors below"

But there are no errors. There is no place for errors. I've tried Chrome, Safari, Firefox. No dice. I still get the same error message.

I've had this same problem with other records, but it only seems to occur when there is another ward to choose from (for example, if there's also a singles ward covering that area). And yet when I choose the right ward, it continues to tell me to correct the error.

Please help.
robertebalmer

Re: Error trying to move out records

Post by robertebalmer »

Same thing just happened to me! Has anybody figured this out?
aaronwjohnston

Post by aaronwjohnston »

I spoke with Salt Lake about this and they informed me that this is a known problem they are trying to resolve. The issue does not occur with Internet Explorer, they told me, but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to use Internet Explorer. Besides, I use a Mac, and Internet Explorer isn't available for the Mac.
robertebalmer

Post by robertebalmer »

Thanks for the reply. I initially tried using Chrome, but I just tried again with Internet Explorer and got the same error.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Have you tried to move the record out using MLS? That capability is still there. If that fails then send a special request through MLS with the information where the record should go.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jdlessley wrote:Have you tried to move the record out using MLS? That capability is still there. If that fails then send a special request through MLS with the information where the record should go.
Well it looks like the resent update to MLS removed the capability to move records. :o
But the special request is still available.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Well it looks like the resent update to MLS removed the capability to move records. :o
You sure about that? It's not in the release notes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:
jdlessley wrote:Well it looks like the resent update to MLS removed the capability to move records. :o
You sure about that? It's not in the release notes.
I am sure. I did a test today and got the message that said I would be redirected to LDS.org to complete the task. I made my post above just after I did the test.
JD Lessley
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. My test install is doing the same: for both request and move-out. Seems like something important didn't get into the release notes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
robertebalmer

Post by robertebalmer »

Ours must not have updated yet, since I was able to use MLS to move the record in question out today.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”