Excluding districts from denominator / Creating third quorum

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
ngonews

Excluding districts from denominator / Creating third quorum

Post by ngonews »

In our ward, we have three special districts that do not belong under either Priesthood quorum. I suppose one might discuss this as an ecclesiastical choice, but that's not what I'm hoping to address here. We just want to know how we can leave these districts out of the denominator in our monthly percentages.

If there is a way we can persuade the current version of the LCR software to do this, we're all ears. Most likely there is not a way to do so. If that's the case, then this is a feature request.

For instance, without writing much new software, perhaps one could allow a ward to create additional quorums. This might be appropriate for a ward that has, for instance, two Elders Quorums - which is true of another ward in our stake. In our ward, we would set up a Special Quorum to house these districts and manage them separately.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Excluding districts from denominator / Creating third qu

Post by russellhltn »

You might succeed in getting a 3rd quorum, and assigning those families, but that won't change the ward's stats. You can submit the suggestion using feedback in LCR. Keep in mind this kind of change will have to be signed off by the Priesthood committee. Personally, I think the chances are poor.

LCR enforces the Handbook. I don't think this idea is found there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

ngonews wrote:In our ward, we have three special districts that do not belong under either Priesthood quorum. I suppose one might discuss this as an ecclesiastical choice, but that's not what I'm hoping to address here. We just want to know how we can leave these districts out of the denominator in our monthly percentages.
You will not be able to exclude them from the percentage calculation.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

scgallafent wrote:
ngonews wrote:In our ward, we have three special districts that do not belong under either Priesthood quorum. I suppose one might discuss this as an ecclesiastical choice, but that's not what I'm hoping to address here. We just want to know how we can leave these districts out of the denominator in our monthly percentages.
You will not be able to exclude them from the percentage calculation.
Stated differently, are you trying to pretend these people don't exist? I was going to type more, but I will probably run afoul of forum policies...
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

We had a ward in our stake that actually did have three Elders Quorums, and three Relief Societies to boot.

They all showed up in MLS and since this was after LCR was released to the ward council members, they all showed up, and will show up in the stats for all reports that draw from their data. There's no way possible to have them NOT show up, it's built in, and likely under the direction of the brethren that everything input show up in stats.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”