Contact info at bottom of event not appearing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
NPAlemany

Contact info at bottom of event not appearing

Post by NPAlemany »

Hi,
I've noticed lately that the name of the individual that entered the event on the calendar is not appearing at the bottom of the screen. Is this a new change? Should I be sending out a notification to all ward and stake leaders that they should begin entering their name, email and phone # in the event description box? That seems like a waste of good description space. The former system was working just fine to have the name of the person entering the event appear at the bottom of the screen, so people could contact that individual should they have questions. The formatting is still there but there is no information, it looks like the following:
Unit:
Contact Name:
Phone:
Email:
I've noticed this on two different ward's entries, at first I thought is was because one individual was a "Ward Calendar Administrator" but then I noticed that the same thing occurred in a different ward with a counselor in the YM's organization. Is this a new change or a bug in the system?
Thank you,
Stake Website Admin
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Contact info at bottom of event not appearing

Post by russellhltn »

I suspect a service within the calendar has failed. Usually these things don't get fixed until normal working hours SLC time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rem1701e

Calendar not showing scheduler info

Post by rem1701e »

Noticed this morning that I cannot see who is scheduling an event on the calendar. This information appears to be missing on all of the calendar items scheduled, at least the dozen I have checked so far. Anyone else having this issue?
Ray Merritt
Jerome 2nd Ward
2nd Councilor
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar not showing scheduler info

Post by russellhltn »

rem1701e wrote:Noticed this morning that I cannot see who is scheduling an event on the calendar. This information appears to be missing on all of the calendar items scheduled, at least the dozen I have checked so far. Anyone else having this issue?
I've merged your question into an existing topic. I think the better answer is if anyone IS seeing the information. Also Building Schedulers seem to have lost their access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rem1701e

Post by rem1701e »

Yep. Just discovered this as well. Something strange is in the water.
NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

I entered an event yesterday on a "Private Events Calendar" I have access to through one of the wards and even my name did not appear at the bottom of the screen and it did several weeks ago. It appears to be wide spread in our stake. I can check further if you'd like.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Same for me in the UK, no names showing up!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

At this point I think the question is who CAN see it, as it appears to be a global issue.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It is gone from the bottom right. Now I get a little blank area at the bottom left that says:
Unit:
Contact Name:
Phone:
Email:
I wonder if they are setting up our long requested desire to specify a contact for an event that does not change simply because someone touches it. That would be cool.
RyanCMerrill

Post by RyanCMerrill »

Same for me, that information is now missing on all my events... Wondering when/if this is going to be fixed.

Return to “Calendar”