Primary Membership Lists (Group classes)

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
Brigitp

Primary Membership Lists (Group classes)

Post by Brigitp »

Under the organization tab there is an option for Cub Scouts that has sub groups for Bear, Wolf, etc. This means you can print reports for each group as well as a membership lists for the whole Cub Scouts organization.

How can you create this for activity days so I could have sub groups under the main class. I want to be able to run a report of each group as well as membership lists of all of the activity days girls. I have found how to split classes but now they don't seem to be able to print lists combined.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Primary Membership Lists (Group classes)

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm not as familiar with Activity Days – are they divided into ranks like Cub Scouts are?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:I'm not as familiar with Activity Days – are they divided into ranks like Cub Scouts are?
Activity Days are for the older Primary girls. They are based on class, so I would expect that a class list would suffice, since it would include the same girls as an activity day list. Does LCR do individual class lists for Primary?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:I'm not as familiar with Activity Days – are they divided into ranks like Cub Scouts are?
Activity Days are for the older Primary girls. They are based on class, so I would expect that a class list would suffice, since it would include the same girls as an activity day list.
Not necessarily. Activity Days (described in HB2, 11.5.2) are for Primary girls ages 8-11. Primary classes are based on age as of January 1. So the CTR 7 class will contain girls who turn 8 throughout the year. Those who are 8 are eligible to participate in Activity Days; those who are still 7 are not.

Some wards choose to have the class teachers handle Activity Days, in which case the class list would suffice, but the CTR 7 teacher would just need to keep track as girls turn throughout the year. But I've also been in wards (such as my current ward) where Activity Days for girls were divided into two groups, one for the 8-9 year olds, and one for the 10-11 year olds (with separate leaders called just for Activity Days). In that scenario, using class lists wouldn't work out very well.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Brigitp wrote:How can you create this for activity days so I could have sub groups under the main class. I want to be able to run a report of each group as well as membership lists of all of the activity days girls. I have found how to split classes but now they don't seem to be able to print lists combined.
With the split classes you will have to print the lists separately and for those that want the combined list, you will have to just give the one for each class. The reason this is different than cub scouts is that cub scout has defined breaks by age so that we can programmatically split them and know who should be in each one. For activity days they can be split in different ways. There is nothing that says if you split them it has to be by age or even that each year should be split.

Return to “Reports and Forms”