password reset

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
tomtasker

password reset

Post by tomtasker »

My wife and I both use the same email for our LDS accounts. She received a notice EVERY SINGLE DAY of her upcoming password change requirement and date. I received NO notices. We changed her password (so the reminders would stop). Suddenly, today, I'm locked out of LDS.org (but not familysearch.org). After several attempts, got the change password box to open up and changed my password. All's good, but why did I not receive a notice to change my password as well?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: password reset

Post by russellhltn »

Your wife probably has access to something that requires her to reset her password every so often. This is common for CES and church employees. "Regular members" never have to change their password.

I'm not sure why you got locked out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tomtasker

Post by tomtasker »

We are both senior missionaries in Christchurch, NZ. I'd never had to reset my password before, so I assumed it was because of the missionary calling. Still doesn't explain how I got left out.
tomtasker

Post by tomtasker »

Thanks for your quick reply. As a first time user, I'm really impressed.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

tomtasker wrote:Thanks for your quick reply. As a first time user, I'm really impressed.
Well, you are in NZ, while Russell is in Hawaii. So he actually replied to you a day before you posted your question.

Seriously, though, this is just a user forum, not a help desk service.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

The password expiration e-mails are sent out 2 weeks before the password expires. It gets sent out to the primary e-mail that is listed on the lds account. If there is no primary e-mail listed, no ticket is sent. That would be the main reason in why your wife would get those e-mails while you have not. I would recommend checking your own account to make sure that you have a primary e-mail attached.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

The actual answer is; since both have the same email address, and both accounts expired at relatively the same time, if one were to look, there were likely two emails each day. One email for each account.

When a password expires on a Workforce (employee, vendor, Sr. Missionary, etc...) account, they are unable to log into any church website except for the LDS Account Profile website at ldsaccount.lds.org, due to available grace logins. A person will ALWAYS be able to log into ldsaccount.lds.org, unless there is an Intruder Lockout on their account.

If your password suddenly stops working, go to ldsaccount.lds.org and sign in, and change your password.

Return to “Church Account”