Networked PTZ Camera with

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
rolandc

Networked PTZ Camera with

Post by rolandc »

Composite output also.

Just looking for recommendations for one that is STILL in production and hopefully not 4k.
Roland
robriding@cox.net

Re: Networked PTZ Camera with

Post by robriding@cox.net »

THis is what I use

The GV-LS2 offers high quality HD video recording and streaming, combined with the convenience of motorized Pan, Tilt & 10X Optical Zoom which can be controlled via smart phone, tablet or PC.

The camera section features a high performance 10X optical zoom lens with a fast f1.2 maximum aperture. A 1/2.3” 12 Mega Pixel Back Illuminated CMOS offers superb image quality and enhanced low light performance. Record with AVCHD Full HD to the SD-XC card slot, or stream in HD with either MPEG-2TS or Motion JPEG format.

Wi-Fi & LAN connections are provided for streaming and remote operation. Up to four cameras can be controlled and switched via the JVC app.
Full HD Recording
HD Streaming at up to 5Mbps
Advanced Wi-Fi features - (Live Monitoring/Remote Operation/Multi Camera Control/Live streaming to PC/Transfer Video to PC)
10x Optical Zoom / 16x Dynamic Zoom / 200x Digital Zoom
Super LoLux with F1.2 Super Bright Lens & Back-illuminated CMOS Sensor
High Speed and Silent Motorized Pan/Tilt/Zoom funct
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

robriding@cox.net wrote:THis is what I use ... The GV-LS2 ...
How do deal with the 2-3 second video delay? It would seem to me that would make it very difficult to sync with the building's audio for streaming, or impossible to use to feed an overflow projector in the cultural hall.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pcardelli

Post by pcardelli »

The delay is what I'm most worried about. We currently use Sony hdr cx220s with a PT mount. Using 4 wired remotes to control PTZ. Sony now has limited support for wired remotes. I'm going to test the new multi term remote to see how far away I can control the zoom, but it will require some cable splicing. If it does not pan out I'll look at downgrading to a SD from our HD setup unless I can find a good HD PTZ camera without a delay setup that does not cost an arm and a leg.

I feel audio sync is as important as the video quality.
rl_albright

Post by rl_albright »

If you are wanting to go HD, a good recommendation is the PTZOptics 20x-IP, (http://www.ptzoptics.com), we utilize this via its HD-SDI output and it goes to our computer and then outputs back out to the projectors with about 1 frame of delay. (There is zero delay from the camera to the computer, and a small delay coming from the computer through our distribution system to the projectors.

These cameras have all of the same specs as the 4k-5k cameras but at a price point of $1600, and they offer IP control. (Word of caution, you will need to place these on a separate network, they DO NOT like managed networks like what the church firewall uses. We have inline with the firewall a ZyXel enterprise router that serves all of the AV technology in the building. And it works really well for us.)
robriding@cox.net

Post by robriding@cox.net »

Follow up-hardly ever come to this forum
The original post for SD PTZ Camera
The JVC has a analog composite video output that has no Delay!
for HD live video-No good
rl_albright

Post by rl_albright »

robriding@cox.net wrote:Follow up-hardly ever come to this forum
The original post for SD PTZ Camera
The JVC has a analog composite video output that has no Delay!
for HD live video-No good
HD video is generally running digitally, and as long as the entire system is running digital, there would be no delay. (Any adapting from digital to analog, or vice-versa introduces a delay.)
Hagothsen

Post by Hagothsen »

rl_albright wrote:If you are wanting to go HD, a good recommendation is the PTZOptics 20x-IP, (http://www.ptzoptics.com), we utilize this via its HD-SDI output and it goes to our computer and then outputs back out to the projectors with about 1 frame of delay. (There is zero delay from the camera to the computer, and a small delay coming from the computer through our distribution system to the projectors.

These cameras have all of the same specs as the 4k-5k cameras but at a price point of $1600, and they offer IP control. (Word of caution, you will need to place these on a separate network, they DO NOT like managed networks like what the church firewall uses. We have inline with the firewall a ZyXel enterprise router that serves all of the AV technology in the building. And it works really well for us.)
Where do you have this camera mounted? We're considering this camera. I took a shot with a full frame dslr with an 85mm lens from the back of the chapel, but the person at the podium was so small (relative to the frame), I thought it to be unusable. I realize the Sony EVIs that are recommended and in wide use, have roughly the same focal equivalent.
rl_albright

Post by rl_albright »

We have two cameras mounted in our chapel, one is located on the ceiling via an adjustable pole mount (screw on whatever length pole is required), our chapel has 10-12 pew rows and with the PTZOptics camera I can focus full frame on the speakers nose if I so wish. (Not that I ever would do such a thing, but it is nice to know that the 20x zoom is very good.)

The second camera is mounted on the right side of the chapel above the rear doors, even with this far back location, I can zoom in on the organ which is on the opposite corner of the room and fill the frame with it.

The advantage that I love in the PTZOptics cameras is that their interface is so very easy to program and make changes to it (an interface which I will gladly share with whomever desires). I created the IP interface that is the basis for this company's Android/Apple app, and work closely with them a lot.

Does this help, or does it add even more questions to your question list?

Russell
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Hagothsen wrote:I took a shot with a full frame dslr with an 85mm lens from the back of the chapel, but the person at the podium was so small (relative to the frame), I thought it to be unusable.
While the camera has a 85mm lens, it looks like it has a smaller sensor. So it will have a greater "zoom" than your full-frame.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”