No longer able to see callings!

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
john5340

No longer able to see callings!

Post by john5340 »

I was recently called to be a High Councilor in my stake. The Stake Clerk did something at the Stake level in the computer to give me more clearance on my LDS TOOLS account. Ever since that change, once I did a sync on my iPhone 4 cell phone, I lost the ability to view callings at any level. The tab for callings is still there, but nothing pulls up.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: No longer able to see callings!

Post by russellhltn »

What was your prior calling?
john5340 wrote:The Stake Clerk did something at the Stake level in the computer to give me more clearance on my LDS TOOLS account.
All he could do is record your calling. There are no other settings. IIRC, High Councilors do not have as much privilege as they expect. So, depending on your prior calling you will see a lot of things disappear.

But you should be able to pull up a list of callings. I'd give it some time and sync again. The system may still be processing the change, or perhaps the system that stores callings was off-line just then.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scshiflett

Post by scshiflett »

2.4.3 has a problem and that might be why you cant see callings or reports
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you are still having the same problems a day or two later, it's possible that there's a bug affecting older devices (like the iPhone 4) that wasn't thoroughly tested by developers. Are you running iOS 7?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scshiflett

Post by scshiflett »

Yes IOS7
I deleted the app and reinstalled it - same problem.
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

Same problem for me too...I also can't see any reports either. I have a 5s with iOS 7.1.2 and this worked just recently. I hope this can be resolved soon, since as a Ward Executive Secretary, I use this all the time.

BTW, I deleted the LDS Tools App and reinstalled it and I powered down my phone and turned it back on and nothing made any difference.

Three other bits of information:
(1) I had my daughter login to her account on my phone and she gets the same blank screen for callings too, so it doesn't appear to be related to the individual who logs in.
(2) She also has a 5s, but is running iOS 8.x and everything works fine on this device for both of our accounts.
(3) Setting/Help doesn't work either.
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

As a follow up, is there any way to install a previous version of this app? That would at least give us a stopgap solution until this problem is resolved.
jbriggs

Post by jbriggs »

I have the exact same problem on my iphone4 iOS 7.1. It looks like its a render issue because if you pull the view down in the reports/callings view you can see some weird pixels. It looks like everything is displayed in the same row. By what others have said it sounds like a compatibility issue with older iOSs. I'm also hoping this issue can be fixed ASAP.
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

jbriggs wrote:I have the exact same problem on my iphone4 iOS 7.1. It looks like its a render issue because if you pull the view down in the reports/callings view you can see some weird pixels. It looks like everything is displayed in the same row. By what others have said it sounds like a compatibility issue with older iOSs. I'm also hoping this issue can be fixed ASAP.
I see the same thing as well when you pull down the view.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The official way to send feedback is through the app (under Settings) – if all of you submit feedback for the same issue it will bring it to their immediate attention.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”