Bishopric Out of Unit Members Unable to use LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
ZincMfg

Bishopric Out of Unit Members Unable to use LDS Tools

Post by ZincMfg »

Our Single Adult ward has Out of Unit members of the Bishopric. I have created OOU Records for them. However doing this has caused each of them to appear twice in LDS Tools (not an issue on LDS.org) Because they appear twice, Once as member of their home ward AND as a member of our SA ward they are not recognized as Bishopric members in the tools application. So they are not able to access reports or sensitive information they should have access to for their callings. I have contacted Local Unit Support and they simply say they don't cover that issue.

A screen shot is attached showing the duplicate records.
Attachments
2015-07-14 05.15.23.png
Screen Shot Showing Duplicate Records
(181.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Bishopric Out of Unit Members Unable to use LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

ZincMfg wrote:Our Single Adult ward has Out of Unit members of the Bishopric. I have created OOU Records for them.
Did you create the oou in LCR or MLS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ZincMfg

Post by ZincMfg »

They were created in MLS as I just discovered the ability to do so in LCR (seems new) However we just had a counselor change this week so I will give LCR a try to see if that works. Pending MRN of new Counselor.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

As an out-of-unit clerk in a YSA branch I have only experienced one of the issues described. All our out-of-unit leaders appear twice in LDS Tools for their callings. This has had no affect on anything else. We all can use LDS Tools and LCR without issue. The double listing is a bit annoying but has been going on for over a year.

When adding and editing callings migrated from MLS to LCR I had to recreate out-of-unit records for every out-of-unit leader. I did not look at LDS Tools to see if there were one or two listings between the move and recreating the out-of-unit records. So I don't know if the double listing of callings went away and was then reintroduced after I recreated the records. But the situation before the move from MLS to LCR to after is the same for us.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote:The double listing is a bit annoying but has been going on for over a year.
This double vision seems to be device specific. I lined up five Android users, and only two had the double listings. They were current, synced, active users.

The two that had double listings said they just started appearing after the move to LCR. None of the five had seen it before then.

Our OOU YSA Branch leaders cannot use LDS Tools for other than what any other ordinary member can do. They have to use LCR/MLS to get what they need otherwise.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It sounds like a bug specific to certain devices. We have several out-of-unit leaders but I'm not seeing these problems on my device.

You mentioned that Local Unit Support doesn't support the LDS Tools app – this is because LDS Tools is a product developed through the ICS department, which provides its own support. The official way to get support for LDS Tools is to send feedback through the app in the Settings menu.

This LDSTech forum is a good user-to-user resource to see if anyone else is experiencing similar problems or found solutions in the past, but isn't visited by the developers as frequently as the in-app feedback.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ZincMfg

Post by ZincMfg »

" The official way to get support for LDS Tools is to send feedback through the app in the Settings menu." Been there done that. Received an initial reply from support saying there was a database issue that was resolved. I contacted them a few weeks after the database issue was "resolved" to tell them that the issue was in fact still and issue (Leaders Unable to use the application) and I never received a reply so gave up. Now that we have had a change in Bishopric Counselors it came up again. I have added OOU Records through LCR. The names are still duplicated in LDS tools however I am not able yet to confirm if it has resolved the issue with Permissions. Since I am am "Member" of the ward I have never had access issues. Hopefully I'll know in the next few days as I work with my Bishopric.

Return to “Member Tools”