Households not showing up in LCR for HT assignment

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
user113

Households not showing up in LCR for HT assignment

Post by user113 »

Our unit has been updated to LCR. It seems that the data used to populate LCR was rather old, so a number of changes had to be reentered. But there are at least two families that I cannot find in LCR to assign them home teachers. The priesthood holder in one of these families DOES show up in my list of Home Teachers, but his Household does not appear so I can reassign them to a different Home Teacher.

I will add, one does show up in the High Priests Group Members list, the other is in the Elders Quorum Members list; they are just not available in the Households list.

Help?

David R.
High Priests Group Secretary
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Households not showing up in LCR for HT assignment

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you able to add the households to a companionship from the companionships screen?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
user113

Post by user113 »

Actually, that did work today when I temporarily assigned them to my route. It didn't work yesterday when I was trying to assign them to a "new" home teacher from the "Unassigned Potential Home Teachers." I don't know if that was the difference or not. The families are STILL not on the 'Households" list.

Perhaps I can temporarily assign the new home teacher someone from the Households list and then swap them out once they are in the "Companionships" list, but it shouldn't be that tricky.
user113

Post by user113 »

Actually, after that little dance, the one family now does appear on the Households list. So now I will temporarily assign the other family to my route and see if I can duplicate that success.
user113

Post by user113 »

OK, success. I had to assign the unlisted Household to an existing Companionship. Once I did that, the family appeared on the Household list. From there, I was able to "Create new companionship" with that household. I don't know why the Households were not on the list to begin with, but once on the list, they could be used to create a new companionship. Anyway, I'm all caught up for now.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Great!
robison34

Post by robison34 »

I just sat down the the HP Group Leader to go over HT assignments for our young men. We had to look at LCR on his access and then log out and look at it on my access as the EQ president in order to coordinate our ward HT assignments. Here are some of the problems we had:
1. We used to be able to assign 13 yr old young men (or deacons that are 13 or older) about to be ordained to a Teacher in preparation for their new HT assignment, now we can't. Is it possible to get an update that allows a pending assignment, so the assignment can be made in LCR prior to the ordination? We try to plan a month or two ahead for these boys so when they have their 14 yr old interview with the bishop they are receiving their HT assignment.
2. We can not see each others assignments. Only Elders and young men are visible to me as the EQ president, and only HP and young meant are visible to the HP group leader. His report showed families not being home taught that should have been on the elders reports (i.e., one of the situations was a companionship of an elder with a young man visiting a prospective elder).
3. There is no list of prospective elders that the HP group leader could see or I could see.
4. We would like to have a report that showed just the young men HT assignments that showed who their companion is (irrespective of elder or HP) and who their families are and what months they have gone home teaching.
Are any of these elements already being looked into? If not, can they be added to the list?
Thanks,
Ryan R.
EQ President
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Some of these are good suggestions. The official way to send feedback, to make sure it will get to the developers and the policy-makers, is to submit it using the feedback link near the bottom of the Leader and Clerk Resources site.

Regarding 2), this issue has been brought up before and we're told that they're currently reviewing potential changes.

Regarding 4), whether or not home teaching has been done is not directly linked to a companionship; rather, it's linked to the households being taught. In other words, the system doesn't directly know who's doing their home teaching; all it knows is who has been home taught. Based on the current companionships it could potentially generate a list, but there is no companionship history so if a companionship or assigned households change, such a report wouldn't be accurate anymore.
robison34

Post by robison34 »

Thanks for the reply. I submitted the suggestions via the feedback link. I wasn't sure what the direct channel was, so thanks.
Regarding 4), this has always been the case, meaning if you look at a given family you can see how well or not well they have been home taught over the last year. Any new HT companion assignments to that family doesn't reflect anywhere. If someone can come up with a way to see, report, track that, I am anxious to have that info. But this suggestion was more in regards to just seeing the history of that family as before and more pointed at monitoring YM assignments in the HT system because currently it is split between HP and EQ and not easily communicated together. Thanks again.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

robison34 wrote:1. We used to be able to assign 13 yr old young men (or deacons that are 13 or older) about to be ordained to a Teacher in preparation for their new HT assignment, now we can't. Is it possible to get an update that allows a pending assignment, so the assignment can be made in LCR prior to the ordination?
This is not likely since the business strategy from the Priesthood Department has been following the guidelines of the handbooks. But you can send a suggestion using the feedback link at the bottom of the LCR page or up through your bishop and the priesthood chain.
robison34 wrote:We try to plan a month or two ahead for these boys so when they have their 14 yr old interview with the bishop they are receiving their HT assignment.
That can be done off-line using some other tracking method and then entered once the assignment is made.
robison34 wrote:2. We can not see each others assignments. Only Elders and young men are visible to me as the EQ president, and only HP and young meant are visible to the HP group leader.
This is by design. And based on the number of reports coming through the forum this appears to be a problem for a number of units. All we can suggest is to submit feedback using the LCR feedback link.
robison34 wrote:3. There is no list of prospective elders that the HP group leader could see or I could see.
Prospective elders not assigned to be home taught will show up for the High Priests Group in the "unassigned" list. This is also a commonly reported issue.
robison34 wrote:4. We would like to have a report that showed just the young men HT assignments that showed who their companion is (irrespective of elder or HP) and who their families are and what months they have gone home teaching.
Submit this as feedback using the LCR feedback link.
robison34 wrote:Are any of these elements already being looked into? If not, can they be added to the list?
We are seldom informed of development lists or priorities. We do not even know what suggestions make it into consideration. All we can do is to tell everybody to submit their suggestions using the LCR feedback link or to have the suggestion passed up the priesthood chain.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”