populating quarterly report online

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
krmiskin

populating quarterly report online

Post by krmiskin »

I wanted to populate number of priesthood or prospective elder attending meetings. How do I do that? Also what is meant by 'attending Priesthood or Primary meetings? Is that primary or sacrament?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: populating uarterly report online

Post by sbradshaw »

There isn't an online roll where you can fill in each individual's attendance, but on the quarterly report page (https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/report/quar ... t?lang=eng) you can fill in a total number. That number will need to be tallied by hand.

If you put your mouse over each line item on the quarterly report, a box will pop up with a longer explanation. A priesthood meeting is a regular third-hour meeting for men (elders quorum meeting, high priests group meeting, or an Aaronic priesthood quorum meeting). Primary is listed as an alternative because some men have callings in Primary that keep them from attending the regular third-hour priesthood meeting. The number of Melchizedek priesthood holders who attended priesthood meeting at least once in the month and the number of Melchizedek priesthood holders who attended Primary at least once in the month should be added together for the total number on line 14.

Sacrament meeting attendance is reported independently, above.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jpeel2

Re: populating quarterly report online

Post by jpeel2 »

I haven't been able to enter the total number on the quarterly report. How do I do that? I am the Relief Society president and was told I have that capability by the ward clerk.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jpeel2 wrote:I haven't been able to enter the total number on the quarterly report. How do I do that? I am the Relief Society president and was told I have that capability by the ward clerk.
You cannot enter the numbers on the quarterly report. You will need to give the attendance and visiting teaching numbers to your ward clerk to be entered on the report.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jpeel2 wrote:I haven't been able to enter the total number on the quarterly report. How do I do that? I am the Relief Society president and was told I have that capability by the ward clerk.
I don't believe that's correct. I think only a clerk or the bishop can enter values in the quarterly report. I can't see the Access Table to make sure though. Hopefully someone who can can check to make sure.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:You will need to give the attendance and visiting teaching numbers to your ward clerk to be entered on the report.
Now that VT is part of LCR, those numbers don't flow to the quarterly report? Or in that in the next version?

eblood66 wrote:I can't see the Access Table to make sure though. Hopefully someone who can can check to make sure.
Access Table
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:
scgallafent wrote:You will need to give the attendance and visiting teaching numbers to your ward clerk to be entered on the report.
Now that VT is part of LCR, those numbers don't flow to the quarterly report? Or in that in the next version?
They don't flow to the quarterly report. There are some issues that would need to be resolved before that could be added. For example, how does the clerk know that everything has been entered so that he can submit the report?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:For example, how does the clerk know that everything has been entered so that he can submit the report?
I suggested before: Midnight of the 10th. :D

But since it appears that numbers can be changed after the report is submitted, I'm not sure as the whole concept of "submit" is what it used to be. We're not printing things to send to the stake. Anything entered after the 10th is just revised numbers. Perhaps what's needed is a "revision date" on the report.

Also, since the system has the raw data, does the clerk need to be involved in the HT/VT numbers? Before, the clerk needed to coordinate with the groups to make sure the HT/VT lists were in sync with the membership records (if they were not being kept in MLS). But with everything on-line, I'm not sure as that applies. Everyone is working from the same list.

Bottom line, I'd suggest a re-think of the whole process rather then build a system to duplicate the way we've always done it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Access Table
According to the Access Table, the Relief Society president can access the Quarterly Report. I guess she just can't update it, as she can other things she is able to access.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Access Table
According to the Access Table, the Relief Society president can access the Quarterly Report. I guess she just can't update it, as she can other things she is able to access.
If you look at the bottom of the Access Table (in the Recording Membership Information section) there is a line for Create or Edit Quarterly Report. The Relief Society president doesn't show having that privilege.

Return to “Reports and Forms”