Directory not in sync with member list

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
catpaskett

Directory not in sync with member list

Post by catpaskett »

I am the Relief Society president in my ward. I have a family in the ward that is not showing up in my directory. But when I go to Leader and Clerk Resources and check the member list, they are listed there. Why would there be a discrepancy?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Directory not in sync with member list

Post by jonesrk »

catpaskett wrote:I am the Relief Society president in my ward. I have a family in the ward that is not showing up in my directory. But when I go to Leader and Clerk Resources and check the member list, they are listed there. Why would there be a discrepancy?
They have likely marked their household as private
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jonesrk wrote:They have likely marked their household as private
This "private" mark is a visibility setting in the LDS.org Directory. The visibility setting of "Private - Leadership Only" was most likely set for the entire household. You do not see the household in the Directory because of that setting but have extended viewing rights in LCR by virtue of your calling. LDS Tools reflects the visibility settings set in the LDS.org Directory.

Any adult member of the household as well as any of the ward's default administrators could have set the visibility setting to "Private - Leadership Only".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think with added features, access is an evolving thing. The directory might be a bit behind the curve on "who is a leader" at this point.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”