baptismal certificate

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
chromewav

baptismal certificate

Post by chromewav »

I have a member that needs a baptismal certificate to be printed. The date of the baptism is there, but the person who performed both the baptism and confirmation is missing from the record. This member was baptized 15 years ago in a different ward in a different stake. She is elderly and suffers from memory loss, and thus has no idea who the person was that baptized her. I am not able to print the certificate without this information. How do I get this information?

FYI, the member needs the certificate because she is having difficulty proving her identity. Her social security information is incorrect (we have been working for months to try and fix this), and thus not usable. She can't get a drivers license without a social security card. And the representative from Health Eligibility Services said that if we showed a baptismal certificate, she would be able to apply for full scope medical.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: baptismal certificate

Post by russellhltn »

I'd contact church legal department. Given the details (15 years ago, different ward/stake) I'm not sure as that would be appropriate.

The details of who baptized and confirmed are no longer recorded (part of a great simplification back in the 1980's), but the certificate was never updated to reflect that. It's possible it might be on the paperwork the mission sent in and retrievable from the history department.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: baptismal certificate

Post by eblood66 »

chromewav wrote:And the representative from Health Eligibility Services said that if we showed a baptismal certificate, she would be able to apply for full scope medical.
Before going to a lot of work to try to do this (and as russellhltn said this information is probably not available), make sure the representative understands that this is an adult baptism and not an infant baptism. If they are assuming that the baptism certificate is a proxy for a birth certificate then an LDS baptismal certificate may not be acceptable.

Return to “Reports and Forms”