LCR Access for Secretaries

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jgziesel

LCR Access for Secretaries

Post by jgziesel »

I would like to know if there is a way to know who and what access leaders, secretaries amd other calling such as the VT coordinators have in LCR. I cannot find any specific information. I have found that in the release notes that it says "presidencies" now have access to H/V teaching but dose that include secretaries as well. I would like to know so I give the right information to them.

The reason I ask this is that our Relief Society Secutary said she has tried to access LCR but she is denied access so she can't print off a attendance roll for example. But probably more importantly is their access to H/V teaching organising and reporting. I see from other forum discussions that Visiting Teaching coordinators don't have the ability to manage the visiting teaching assignments which is the whole point and part of their calling under the direction of their Relief Society President.

So dose anyone know where this ifromarion might be or how I can give the relief society secretary access to LCR, the only thing I haven't tried is giving her access to MLS and tick the boxes that might give her the rights online.

If I can just say one more thing I would like to see the access given to visiting teaching coordinators in future updates as it seems pontless that only the presidency has access as it is a standard calling, and the point of her calling it's to take the burden of the admin work off the RS president but now it's back on her, they do so much already. But this is the first release so I don't expect everything to work, but I think it will be an important update and maybe it would be useful to give Clerks the right to allow access as was done in MLS.

Thanks
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: LCR Access for Secretaries

Post by lajackson »

jgziesel wrote:So does anyone know where this [information] might be or how I can give the relief society secretary access to LCR, the only thing I haven't tried is giving her access to MLS and tick the boxes that might give her the rights online.
If your stake has moved to LCR 3.0 (and almost all have), MLS no longer gives access to anything online. The first thing I would do is make sure the Relief Society secretary is recorded in a standard position. That should give her access to the items you mentioned.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have the ward clerk look at the callings in CDOL. If they are listed there in black print (not orange) then they are listed with a standard position.

Also make sure the sisters are using their own LDS Account and not their husband's. LDS Accounts cannot be shared.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jgziesel wrote:The reason I ask this is that our Relief Society Secutary said she has tried to access LCR but she is denied access so she can't print off a attendance roll for example. But probably more importantly is their access to H/V teaching organising and reporting. I see from other forum discussions that Visiting Teaching coordinators don't have the ability to manage the visiting teaching assignments which is the whole point and part of their calling under the direction of their Relief Society President.
I just checked and your Relief Society secretary has access to LCR. She has her own LDS Account, so she shouldn't have any issues as long as she is logging in with her account. If she is having trouble, it may be best to sit with her at a computer and watch to see what happens when she tries to log in.
jgziesel wrote:If I can just say one more thing I would like to see the access given to visiting teaching coordinators in future updates as it seems pontless that only the presidency has access as it is a standard calling, and the point of her calling it's to take the burden of the admin work off the RS president but now it's back on her, they do so much already. But this is the first release so I don't expect everything to work, but I think it will be an important update and maybe it would be useful to give Clerks the right to allow access as was done in MLS.
Visiting teaching coordinators have access. My Relief Society president told me on Friday that she got a text message from her visiting teaching coordinator, who just wanted her to know that she had gotten everything updated using her iPad while sitting on the beach in Hawaii. :cool:
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

scgallafent wrote:Visiting teaching coordinators have access. My Relief Society president told me on Friday that she got a text message from her visiting teaching coordinator, who just wanted her to know that she had gotten everything updated using her iPad while sitting on the beach in Hawaii. :cool:
I should tell our Relief Society president immediately. Is the ward executive secretary normally responsible for the airline tickets? [grin]
jgziesel

Post by jgziesel »

Thanks for the responses, that's a great help. I think I will down with these members and go through the site with them. One of them was young so I assumed she would figure it out pretty easily.
alane.bentley

Post by alane.bentley »

I am the VT coordinator and yesterday tried to access LCR through my login to do June VT stats and my access was denied. I had to call the Ward Clerk to help me. He doesn't know how to give me access... any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

alane.bentley wrote:I am the VT coordinator and yesterday tried to access LCR through my login to do June VT stats and my access was denied. I had to call the Ward Clerk to help me. He doesn't know how to give me access... any ideas?
The clerk needs to make sure you are in a standard position and not a custom position. Custom positions have no rights no matter what they are called.

It wouldn't hurt to verify that the MRN associated with your account matches the MRN of the person the clerk has put in that calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alane.bentley

Post by alane.bentley »

Thanks! I think I showed as a Custom Calling; not standard when we were looking yesterday.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”