Membership audit exceptions

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wcovey

Membership audit exceptions

Post by wcovey »

How can I correct an exception where a Temple Marriage was recorded only 362 days after confirmation? Cannot be recorded less than one year after confirmation.
johnshaw

Re: Membership audit exceptions

Post by johnshaw »

I'm assuming you meant that the sealing took place 362 days after confirmation because when it was recorded doesn't really matter right?

First thing I'd do is validate the marriage date with a certificate, and if that was truly the date and there really were only 362 days rather than 365 days - you'll need to talk to the service desk, they should be able to make the change for you.

1-855-LDS-HELP (1-855-537-4357)
https://www.lds.org/help/support/suppor ... r?lang=eng
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I don't think you can correct the exception, especially if it reflects true facts. Many members obtain permission to be endowed and sealed a few days early. The membership audit is simply a tool to help you identify exceptional information. I would investigate, as johnshaw suggests, and then just ignore this one.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

It might help to review sections 3.6.1 and 16.1.10 in Handbook 1.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:It might help to review sections 3.6.1 and 16.1.10 in Handbook 1.
If ratified by the First Presidency, is the exception flagged in such a way that it won't appear in future reports?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:
scgallafent wrote:It might help to review sections 3.6.1 and 16.1.10 in Handbook 1.
If ratified by the First Presidency, is the exception flagged in such a way that it won't appear in future reports?
Yes. If the First Presidency has ratified an ordinance that does not fit within the policy, it is considered valid.
kmilleca

Post by kmilleca »

Does anyone know if this "flagging" process (if the First Presidency has ratified an ordinance) is documented?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

kmilleca wrote:Does anyone know if this "flagging" process (if the First Presidency has ratified an ordinance) is documented?
Handbook 1, 16.1.10

Return to “Membership Help”