Photo Submissions

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
mythicaldragon

Photo Submissions

Post by mythicaldragon »

I have a number of photos from a remote cemetery in West Central UT. I was planning to submit them to billiongraves project, but found I couldn't since I didn't take the photos with the billiongraves photo app. I met someone who works for lds.org and she said that family history also takes gravestone pictures. Where would I submit the records of these people? I would hate for technology to get in the way of these people being found by their descendants.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Photo Submissions

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to consider uploading to FindAGrave. Once uploaded and transcribed it will be available to be linked in FamilySearch.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

You can also simply go to the Memories section of FamilySearch.org and upload the photos, then attach each to the appropriate person in Family Tree.
mythicaldragon

Post by mythicaldragon »

Thanks so much. also who would I talk to in lds.org about regular photo submissions for other areas? I am having trouble finding contact information to ask questions about regular photo submissions
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mythicaldragon wrote:who would I talk to in lds.org about regular photo submissions for other areas? I am having trouble finding contact information to ask questions about regular photo submissions
Could you help us understand what you mean by "regular photo submissions"? What kinds of photos? For what purpose?
mythicaldragon

Post by mythicaldragon »

We have a relative who works in lds.org and she said any photos I have that would be useful for the church site would be welcome. I have a number of mission photos in particular and some others representing cultures that I would like to submit but I have questions about some of them I need to ask about.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mythicaldragon wrote:We have a relative who works in lds.org and she said any photos I have that would be useful for the church site would be welcome.
Since she's the one making the claim, ask her for contact information.

mythicaldragon wrote:I have a number of mission photos in particular and some others representing cultures that I would like to submit but I have questions about some of them I need to ask about.
I'm not sure how it would tie into Family History. As such, there may not be any interest.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mythicaldragon wrote:We have a relative who works in lds.org and she said any photos I have that would be useful for the church site would be welcome. I have a number of mission photos in particular and some others representing cultures that I would like to submit but I have questions about some of them I need to ask about.
Photos that are relevant to Church History can be submitted via the normal process for Church History Donations.

As for other submissions to LDS.org, I don't know of any published process. I would think that your "relative who works in lds.org" would be more likely to know about the process, or to know someone who knows about the process, than any of the community volunteers here on the LDSTech Forum.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

She may be thinking of https://create.lds.org/.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, you can donate photos for use in Church videos, magazines, web sites, etc. through Create.LDS.org. You can also donate music compositions and arrangements, and video clips.

However, if a photo contains a recognizable person or is on recognizable private property, there are release forms that need to be signed.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Family History”