Custom HTML in Newsletter?

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
mevans

Custom HTML in Newsletter?

Post by mevans »

I thought I saw a while back that someone figured out how to do custom HTML for a Newsletter article? I tried searching and can't find the post. Was this possible and the church plugged the hole?

I just tried doing it and I can sometimes get things to work. I need to save the HTML, then reopen, then save again, and I got something to change from just showing text to HTML. Then I tried something bigger and it didn't work. But the funny thing was that the Newsletter displayed all the raw HTML as the article, but when I opened it to edit, it showed the HTML rendering in the editor instead of the raw HTML.

I know allowing HTML entry can be a security risk, but I thought someone had made it work. If so, what did you get to work and how did you do it?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: Custom HTML in Newsletter?

Post by kisaac »

mevans wrote:I thought I saw a while back that someone figured out how to do custom HTML for a Newsletter article?
I know we have discussed custom html in "send a message," but I can't remember seeing it discussed for a newsletter article, and I've tried hard to get the calendar to do better formatting by using HTML, but I can't figure it out.
mevans

Re: Custom HTML in Newsletter?

Post by mevans »

Thanks, kisaac. Maybe that's where I saw the discussion and not in Newsletter.

Return to “Newsletter”