What is the access level for viewing, recording, editing HT?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
pani

What is the access level for viewing, recording, editing HT?

Post by pani »

Hi everyone

I've looked around the forum but can't find a specific access list for who can view, record, and edit HT. Can anyone tell me who can view, record visits, and edit assignments on LCR and the new Home Teaching section?

As Bishop I can view, record and edit. I suppose that makes sense. But what about Elders Quorum presidencies, secretaries, and district supervisors? What can they do - is there a table somewhere that I can review?

The reason I ask is that we want to assign a specific individual to record the home teaching visits for the entire quorum or entire group and I want to know what calling he needs in order to do that. Edit capabilities aren't necessary.

Thank you,

Pani
johnshaw

Re: What is the access level for viewing, recording, editing

Post by johnshaw »

From Leader.lds.org online tool, select Help and then select Release Notes, this gives the information you're looking for, the direct link is here.

https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... s?lang=eng
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

johnshaw wrote:From Leader.lds.org online tool, select Help and then select Release Notes, this gives the information you're looking for, the direct link is here.

https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... s?lang=eng
The information in the release notes is not very specific as to who can do what. It does say, for example, the elders quorum presidency can now manage home and visiting teaching information for their organization. It is unclear as to what callings constitute the presidency. The handbook says the president and his two counselors constitute the presidency. So what can the EQ secretary do? Nothing? Or maybe just checking off completed visits? Or can he do the full gamut and edit districts, edit companionships, and add/delete households for companionshiops as well as checking off completed visits? I don't know because our EQ presidency doesn't have a secretary.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

One other reference that I failed to mention is an email that goes out to Bishops before they are converted to LCS3.0 with the new HT/VT data, we don't get those emails, but I wonder if some reference is available there.

I'm sorry that you have a hard time understanding what a presidency entails, the church does on occasion seem to stress a great deal that presidencies do not contain the secretaries or clerks, but then in other times casually use the term presidency to include them. The use of the term presidency to include and not include clerks and secretaries is on my list of 1 gazillion inconsistent things I see when working with the church, but nobody has asked me for my list, so I go about my merry business, and include the secretaries and other HT/VT leadership callings in those that can access the data online because that is what was implemented.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

pani wrote:. . . we want to assign a specific individual to record the home teaching visits for the entire quorum or entire group and I want to know what calling he needs in order to do that. Edit capabilities aren't necessary.
From all the posts I have read here at the Forum, it appears that the elders quorum president, counselors, and secretary are able to view and edit all home teaching assignments and information. It also appears that a district supervisor can view and edit his district.

It also appears that if a person is not able to edit the home teaching information, he is not able to view it either.

So my guess for the answer to your questions that he will at least need to be the quorum secretary. I do not know if there is a standard calling of assistant quorum secretary, nor do I know if he would be able to maintain HT information.

And no, I am not aware that there is an access table anywhere that explains any of this. I have gleaned this information from the posts that have appeared here in the Forum since LCR 3.0 went live.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I do not know if there is a standard calling of assistant quorum secretary,
Since it's mentioned in the handbook, I'd think there would be one. What rights it has, particularly since it can be staffed by someone who would not qualify as a secretary, I can't even guess.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:I do not know if there is a standard calling of assistant quorum secretary,
Since it's mentioned in the handbook, I'd think there would be one. What rights it has, particularly since it can be staffed by someone who would not qualify as a secretary, I can't even guess.
Then I would try putting someone in the calling who did not have another calling and see if it works. That's about the only way to find out, in lieu of help in the form of an elusive access table.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:That's about the only way to find out, in lieu of help in the form of an elusive access table.
Perhaps one of our ever helpful employees will chime in.

I have asked about the updating of the access table, and I've been told it's being done. (I should note that there are two "Access tables". The one in Help Center that describes who may access, and the one in the app that describes what they can do.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

lajackson wrote:
pani wrote:. . . we want to assign a specific individual to record the home teaching visits for the entire quorum or entire group and I want to know what calling he needs in order to do that. Edit capabilities aren't necessary.
From all the posts I have read here at the Forum, it appears that the elders quorum president, counselors, and secretary are able to view and edit all home teaching assignments and information. It also appears that a district supervisor can view and edit his district.

So my guess for the answer to your questions that he will at least need to be the quorum secretary. I do not know if there is a standard calling of assistant quorum secretary, nor do I know if he would be able to maintain HT information.
He could be given a calling as a district supervisor and then assigned as the supervisor for all districts.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:That's about the only way to find out, in lieu of help in the form of an elusive access table.
Perhaps one of our ever helpful employees will chime in.

I have asked about the updating of the access table, and I've been told it's being done. (I should note that there are two "Access tables". The one in Help Center that describes who may access, and the one in the app that describes what they can do.)
The access table is being updated. The LCR team is responsible for the one in the LCR application. I'm not sure when it will be released.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”