Home Teaching info for Stake Presidency

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
ramonc

Home Teaching info for Stake Presidency

Post by ramonc »

Is there a way for the Stake Presidency to see anything besides numbers and percents with the new Home Teaching? They say they are just seeing %'s and numbers by ward. They would like to see the same info that Bishops see. Can someone give clicking guidance or is it just not there? I am exec-secretary and nothing is jumping out at me with my credentials.
simonawright

Re: Home Teaching info for Stake Presidency

Post by simonawright »

Why would the presidency need to see more than visits made? The stewardship for the families resides with the units. If there are members that are of particular concern to the presidency then I would have though that could be part of the Bishops interview with the stake president.

They might want to know if specific brethren are going home teaching, if they have a concern for their spiritual welfare. I would hope that they would interview the brother personally about their church service and general well being with a view to offering support and then possibly approach the brothers Bishop, or quorum/group leaders, and ask them watch over him.

The stake presidency just need to be aware it is being done.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ramonc wrote:Is there a way for the Stake Presidency to see anything besides numbers and percents with the new Home Teaching? They say they are just seeing %'s and numbers by ward.
What the stake presidency sees is how it is intended. Finer detail is not currently programmed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

One thing I constantly observed at the Stake Level was this type of desire to see things at a micro-level, to be ward leaders with a stake-view - it was constant as the rotation of those called to serve only knew their ward functions, and just being leaders of leaders is a hard transition.

I'm glad that technology can help with this as well, however, it takes someone telling them it is BY DESIGN, and not a BUG that they have the access they have.

The SP can always have interviews with Bishops, EQP, and HPGL if more detail is desired, but would come with the correct context.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

ramonc wrote:Is there a way for the Stake Presidency to see anything besides numbers and percents with the new Home Teaching?
Unfortunately, without stake presidency access, most of us don't know what can be seen by a stake leader. in many areas, the stake presidency has more access than their expanded stake presidency (clerks and exec sec) might have.

Submit a feedback request (in LCR) explaining what your stake leaders wish to see.

my stake presidency requested hard copy lists of the home teaching assignments that he kept in his desk drawer for reference during various interviews, including temple recommends! In one stake the stake exec sec requested monthly performance reports from each EQ and HPG leader on home teaching, in another, these were given to the HC Ward rep in a monthly PPII. It would be very nice if they could get more of this information online.

After all, EQP and HPGL are "directly responsible" to the stake presidency (Handbook 2:7.3.1) (as one might say so is each MP holder?) and as their file leader, he certainly will decide what he deems important to see. It might not be available online....Request reports (on paper or in PPI's) from the ward leaders if needed.
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

johnshaw wrote:One thing I constantly observed at the Stake Level was this type of desire to see things at a micro-level, to be ward leaders with a stake-view - it was constant as the rotation of those called to serve only knew their ward functions, and just being leaders of leaders is a hard transition.
I agree, John. As for micro-management, I hate it when stake leaders require custom detailed monthly reports from ward leaders. Such reports are not supported by MLS, so they require manual tracking through spreadsheets. Every month, the stake executive secretary has to badger all the ward leaders until they provide their monthly reports. Very annoying.

As noted in other threads, my problem with the current views provided by LCR is that, since nobody at the stake level can see what those at the ward level can see, nobody at the stake level can provide any training on how to use these new tools.

From the reverse perspective, since the ward and stake clerks cannot see all the online tools available to the bishops and stake presidents, the clerks cannot help or train their priesthood leaders how to use those tools. For example, my stake president tells me he can't figure out how to review, approve, and submit Confidential Actions (submitted by bishops) on his iPad. I have to sit down with him at the stake clerk's computer and walk him through the process.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

drepouille wrote:As noted in other threads, my problem with the current views provided by LCR is that, since nobody at the stake level can see what those at the ward level can see, nobody at the stake level can provide any training on how to use these new tools.
This can be an issue in the instances where a stake clerk's access differs from a ward clerk's and the stake clerk is training the ward clerk. The stake clerk may need to spend some time with the ward clerk to review some functionality.

From the first item in the LCR FAQ:
It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

kisaac wrote:my stake presidency requested hard copy lists of the home teaching assignments that he kept in his desk drawer for reference during various interviews, including temple recommends! In one stake the stake exec sec requested monthly performance reports from each EQ and HPG leader on home teaching, in another, these were given to the HC Ward rep in a monthly PPII. It would be very nice if they could get more of this information online.
The stake leaders can see who is assigned as home/visiting teachers on the members profile page.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

jonesrk wrote: The stake leaders can see who is assigned as home/visiting teachers on the members profile page.
so this does answer, in part, the OP's question...they CAN see more than "numbers and percents"
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Partially it shows the original assumption not to be correct, however, the post said the SP wanted the same access as the Bishop - I just don't think it was meant/designed for that type of access.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”