old HT's showing for member moving to ward

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
nikk3hi3tala

old HT's showing for member moving to ward

Post by nikk3hi3tala »

Has anyone else noticed this bug:
I moved a member to our ward, and in his Member Information there are names of the home teachers he had in his previous ward. This is not a serious bug, since in the Home Teaching's Overview tab he is still listed as Household not assigned to be home taught.

I wonder if this is because this month's home teaching is still counted for the previous ward? We'll see if the names of the HT's disappear after the turn of the month.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: old HT's showing for member moving to ward

Post by russellhltn »

The idea is that the HT record follows the individual. HT stats was never about "grading" the ward, but about seeing if the member's needs are being met. Now you have some history on members that move into the ward.

Showing the prior Home Teachers seems a bit much, but might be just a side-effect of the history, or not considered an issue. I could see it being handy on a ward split since the prior teachers would be known to the leaders and may also be part of the new ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I looked at the members moved into your ward in the last month and don't see this issue. Did you do anything to fix it or has it resolved itself? (That gives me a clue where to go looking.)
nikk3hi3tala

Post by nikk3hi3tala »

I haven't done anything and it hasn't resolved itself. There is a member moved in to my ward June 28 (initials A.K.). When I look at his information, it shows the names of home teachers who are members of his previous ward.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

nikk3hi3tala wrote:I haven't done anything and it hasn't resolved itself. There is a member moved in to my ward June 28 (initials A.K.). When I look at his information, it shows the names of home teachers who are members of his previous ward.
Got it. I was looking at the HT/VT household list. It has been logged.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”