Videos wont download

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

alandrobertson

Videos wont download

Post by alandrobertson »

with the android version there is an option to download the videos. As a ward missionary this is really helpful to have them ready to go with out having to worry about internet access or buffering speed, I just click the one I want and away it goes. Being able to download them for the windows 8 version would be wonderful because my laptop has a much bigger screen and better sound and would make it more useful for missionary work.
ToManyLetters

Re: Videos wont download

Post by ToManyLetters »

alandrobertson,

At present, the application does not allow you to download videos. Like the iOS (iPad/iPhone) version of the application, the application streams video data from its source. The ability to download video and manage multimedia content is on our to do list--rest assured that, while it may not come right away, we do have plans to work on it.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
donbethmc

Post by donbethmc »

Any update on this question? I just switched to a surface 3 so that I could combine features of my laptop and my ipad.

I teach Sunday school and I was always able to download the video I wanted to show on my ipad and reliably show it even if there were problems with the wifi at church. I would like to do the same with the surface pro but it doesn't look like that is possible? will it be any time soon?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

It is still a planned feature and one that's pretty high up on our lists. Right now, we're focused on advanced annotations features like notebooks, tags, and links, and preparation for the full release of the all-new app on Windows Phone, but we'll be implementing other features, like offline multimedia, in the not too distant future.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

In the meantime you can find the video you want to show online (for example on MediaLibrary.LDS.org) and download it from there.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ClarkHall

Post by ClarkHall »

I can't seem to get the down load to work on an iPad Air.
Am I missing something?
Is there specific instructions some where?

Thanks for the help.
Clark
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Clarkhall,

This thread and section of the forum is for support on Windows devices, rather than iOS devices. You'll be best helped by submitting your question using the feedback link in the app on your iPad Air.
ClarkHall

Post by ClarkHall »

We'll blow me down!

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”