Out of Unit Member

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Zimectrin

Out of Unit Member

Post by Zimectrin »

I hope this is the correct place to post this.

We will snowbird in St George for five months and wish to be fully involved there. Out Bishop in St George has told us to bring our membership records to St George so we can be members, not visitors. Seems logical. Our Bishop in our Summer ward (where are records are currently) wants us to continue to serve as the building scheduler while in St George via the web. If we move records we would lose the ability to schedule the building.

Two questions:

Is 'out of unit member' a good solution for this conflict?

I have asked my present Clerk about this and he is unaware as to how out of member feature works. Maybe someone could guide me to guide him.

Thanks in advance for your help.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Out of Unit Member

Post by sbradshaw »

It is correct to move the records, since you will be there for more than 3 months (Handbook 1, 13.6.4). Out-of-unit membership is an option; however, your old and new bishop will need to come to an agreement. Your old bishop doesn't have authority to keep you in a calling without the new bishop's approval.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Out of Unit Member

Post by jdlessley »

The system will not allow an out-of-unit member be a building scheduler.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”