No parents listed on membership record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
youngbd

No parents listed on membership record

Post by youngbd »

A member of my ward has no parents listed on her membership record. She was abandoned as a very young child and was never adopted. Is there any guidance on how to deal with this situation?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: No parents listed on membership record

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not understanding the problem. If the parents are unknown, I'm not sure as anything would be listed. Only actual parents or legal adoptions are shown.

This could make for some interesting family history assignments.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: No parents listed on membership record

Post by jdlessley »

We have a convert who does not have parents, who are known, listed because the parents explicitly forbid their names be entered into any record in the Church. The YSA has complied with their request and has refused to provide any parent information. We only find this a difficulty/challenge during the membership audit. We have a statement from the YSA on file to cover this situation.

I have not found any guidance for the missing parent information in the handbooks. The mission office had no problem getting the membership record created without the parent information.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”