BUG: Sisters as HoH with no Home Teachers

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zephyrus_23

BUG: Sisters as HoH with no Home Teachers

Post by zephyrus_23 »

This issue comes from the perspective of a young single adult ward:
While trying to view those who are not assigned home teachers on the Households tab, only the men are shown. If a sister who is single and Head of House has home teachers assigned to her, she will displayed. However, no sisters (who are HoH) without home teachers are not displaying. It won't even show them under new members who have moved in. This is a pretty serious feature missing, especially when half the ward are single sisters and when we have 20 or more moving in and out of the ward on a monthly basis.

This means that instead of getting to reorganize home teaching for the next month from the comfort of my EQP's home, we now have to go back to the clerk's office and do things the old way still.
zephyrus_23

Re: BUG: Sisters as HoH with no Home Teachers

Post by zephyrus_23 »

After looking through some of the other threads in the forum, it stems from the family ward perspective of single sister falling under the care of the High Priest group. This causes a problem with YSA wards as there isn't a HPG. As a secretary of the EQ, I can't really do anything in terms of moving those sisters to my realm of access. Who in my ward would have access to moving all those sisters to the EQ without needing to bother the ward clerks?

This temporary solution still needs to be addressed, especially when there are wards for singles (both young and older).
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The issue is on the radar, but I don't know when the solution will be finalized. You won't be able to view the unassigned sisters, but can assign them to companionships in the elders quorum and they will be visible. A member of the bishopric or one of the clerks can print the full unassigned list for you, which will include the unassigned single sisters and the unassigned prospective elders.
zephyrus_23

Post by zephyrus_23 »

It's good to hear that this issue is on the bug list. And your advice will allow for us to get the work done without much hiccup. I'll get in touch with the bishopric and have them get me the lists I need before our next meeting to reorganize home teaching. Thank you!
jbrummett

Post by jbrummett »

We had our Bishop called (ward clerk could call too) Global Services Center (1855-537-4357), and the person that help our bishop said he was going to look into the answer and see about getting the missing members moved to the elders side. He told us it will take a few day so I will let you know if they are able to complete this action
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jbrummett wrote:We had our Bishop called (ward clerk could call too) Global Services Center (1855-537-4357), and the person that help our bishop said he was going to look into the answer and see about getting the missing members moved to the elders side. He told us it will take a few day so I will let you know if they are able to complete this action
The unit clerk can make the move even though the HPG does not exist for the unit. Once the sisters are moved then the clerk prints out a list of unassigned sisters and gives it to the EQ president to be manually entered for HT assignment as described here. It is a workaround until the next release of LCR with the fix.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”