Membership Audit training template

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Membership Audit training template

Post by kisaac »

Membership Audit Training and checklist template:
I used this to help our ward clerks understand and prepare for the membership audit. It was for the 2014 audit year, and things might have changed on the process and procedures, but the principles that I felt were important are contained in the training; Advance preparation, using other tools to find / correct problems, and discussion with those that REALLY know the right answers- the organization heads.

The native file is Word, so openoffice might mess up some formatting in its conversion: use the PDF to see what the final looked like.
(NOTE: The document doesn't specify if the audit will be attended by a stake clerk or not. The first page was designed to be used for stake specific instructions, and I printed the first page on stake letterhead. It would be a good place for a letter from a stake president or stake clerk with further instructions.)

Hope it helps.... (both files are the same)
Membership audit training.docx
(764.56 KiB) Downloaded 675 times
Membership audit training.pdf
(310.63 KiB) Downloaded 1508 times
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
johnshaw

Re: Membership Audit training template

Post by johnshaw »

This is great information, it seems you are likely a lot like myself, but I found that most will not read something with that much text on it. Introverts want to give all the detail and explain why things are important, but the larger percentage of people just want the checklist to completed... just based on my own experience.

I actually like the idea of the Audit catching the issues rather than cleaning things up before the audit. It gives you a tasklist that can be tracked at the ward and stake level. It almost seems like we're treating the audit like there is some kind of grade being given about the records.

The items you mentioned should be checked (1) at the time a new family moves into a ward and (2) each year at tithing settlement, and (3) ongoing analysis of records by the clerk/membership clerk (like reviewing Action/Interview List, etc...)

but that's just me...
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Membership Audit training template

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote:It almost seems like we're treating the audit like there is some kind of grade being given about the records.
I'm pretty sure that's a carry over from how things work "at work", where an audit can be a defacto grade.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”