Children with no records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
7433hansen

Children with no records

Post by 7433hansen »

I have 3 children who is associated with the mother, but they don't show as members of the ward or show as children of the father. They don't show on primary roles either. How do I get them to show as individual ward members associated with the primary and the father?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Children with no records

Post by russellhltn »

7433hansen wrote:I have 3 children who is associated with the mother, but they don't show as members of the ward or show as children of the father. They don't show on primary roles either. How do I get them to show as individual ward members associated with the primary and the father?
It sounds like they don't have records. If they're already 8 or older, there's nothing you can do except baptize them.

If they're under the age of 8, then you need to create a "child of record" record for them. Read Handbook 1: 13.6.2 for details of the policy that needs to be followed as far as permission.

I'm curious as to why they show up under the mother and not the father. Did the mother remarry after they were born? And if so, were they legally adopted by the current father?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Children with no records

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: This discussion was split off from the Clerk Training topic, since it deals with a separate issue.]
russellhltn wrote:
7433hansen wrote:I have 3 children who is associated with the mother, but they don't show as members of the ward or show as children of the father. They don't show on primary roles either. How do I get them to show as individual ward members associated with the primary and the father?
It sounds like they don't have records. If they're already 8 or older, there's nothing you can do except baptize them.
Another possibility (less likely, but still possible) is that the children's records exist, but are not in the ward. That could have happened because the parents' records were moved into the ward but not the children's records. That possibility can be easily checked in LCR by attempting to request one of the children's records using the MRN listed in the Children section of the mother's record.

Return to “Membership Help”