Interpreter Training DVD not working in PC or Mac

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
csdavey

Interpreter Training DVD not working in PC or Mac

Post by csdavey »

Hi - I searched all around to no avail. I was recently called to translate for our ward (Italian to English) for those in our ward that don't speak Italian or for visitors (we have quite a few here in Rome). The sister in charge of doing translation for the ward provided me a DVD, designed to be run in a computer, that gives a series of exercises presumably to help one figure out how to translate better/more efficiently. The DVD was printed in 2007, approved in 2004, and is designed for Win 2000, XP, Vista, "or higher", as well as for Mac OS 10.3 "or higher". I've run it on a Windows 7 laptop, and it prompts to install Quicktime...I click through to install it, and Windows won't install the version of Quicktime on the DVD because its older than the current version...the version of which the DVD doesn't detect. I put it in a Mac runnning OS 10.10.3, and it will open the DVD, but nothing will run, and I can't find anything the application to start.

So my question is 1) is there a newer version of this software (and if so, can I download or have the ward order it)?; or 2) how can I get it to run on at least the Windows 7 machine.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Interpreter Training DVD not working in PC or Mac

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest downloading Quicktime here and see if the DVD will work after that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Re: Interpreter Training DVD not working in PC or Mac

Post by mfmohlma »

It's probably the same information posted here:

https://www.lds.org/callings/interpreter?lang=eng

Return to “Other Member Technologies”