Home Teaching Reporting MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
presgarrett

Home Teaching Reporting MLS

Post by presgarrett »

I can no longer update Ward Home Teaching statistics on MLS. When H.T. is updated on LDS.ORG there is no update happening on MLS. Will the entering of HT monthly completions that are recorded on lds.org be eventually updated to the MLS system? Is there a time lag in the handshake between lds.org and MLS?

R.P. Garrett
Asst Ward Clerk
eblood66

Re: Home Teaching Reporting MLS

Post by eblood66 »

presgarrett wrote:I can no longer update Ward Home Teaching statistics on MLS. When H.T. is updated on LDS.ORG there is no update happening on MLS. Will the entering of HT monthly completions that are recorded on lds.org be eventually updated to the MLS system? Is there a time lag in the handshake between lds.org and MLS?
No. HT/VT is only on LCR from now on. No information will go back into MLS. At some point the HT/VT screens in MLS will be removed completely. They are only being left in place right now for historical reference until they are sure everything has transferred correctly and for the few units that don't yet have sufficient Internet access to use LCR.
cliffdholmes

Post by cliffdholmes »

We have a couple in our ward serving a full-time mission while living at home. We as high priests still home teach the couple, but when we wanted to change who was home teaching the couple, their name disappeared from the list. They are nowhere to be found, except on the ward records. They are not found anywhere on the home teaching rolls. How do we fix this?
Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cliffdholmes wrote:We have a couple in our ward serving a full-time mission while living at home. We as high priests still home teach the couple, but when we wanted to change who was home teaching the couple, their name disappeared from the list. They are nowhere to be found, except on the ward records. They are not found anywhere on the home teaching rolls. How do we fix this?
If he is an Elder, he probably defaulted back to the Elders Quorum.

Otherwise, you might have an interesting case because they are on a full-time mission. The system isn't "aware" that they are at home and not in the mission field where they would be the responsibility of the mission president.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cliffdholmes

Post by cliffdholmes »

He is not an Elder, but a high priest.
I think you're right that the system is not "aware" of him because he is on a full-time mission.
So what do we do about it?
How do we fix it?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

cliffdholmes wrote:He is not an Elder, but a high priest.
I think you're right that the system is not "aware" of him because he is on a full-time mission.
So what do we do about it?
How do we fix it?
Excellent corner case!

At this point, you can't do anything to fix it. I just sent off an email to start some internal discussion on how this should be handled.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”