Ordering of Tagged Scriptures

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
mdwrightphd

Ordering of Tagged Scriptures

Post by mdwrightphd »

Hello LDSTech Folks,

I use the Gospel Library on my iPad and iPhone to study the scriptures. I use highlighting and tagging to identify my favorite scriptures. When I click on my "Favorites" tag, the highlighted scriptures appear in a chronological order. The scripture that I tagged most recently appears first and the very first scripture that I tagged appears last. It would be nice to have the option to arrange the tagged scriptures in a scriptural order. For example, for scriptures in the Bible, Genesis 1:1 would appear first and Revelation 22:21 would appear last. This would be nice because it would allow me to locate a favorite scripture more quickly. When I want to remind myself of the exact wording of a favorite scripture, I usually have a pretty good idea of the general location of the scripture; e.g., it's in Isaiah, or in Mosiah, or in the D&C, etc. With the chronological ordering of tagged scriptures as it is now, I may have to go through all my tagged scriptures before I locate the particular favorite. Would you please consider providing the feature that I desire?

I would very much appreciate a reply to this message.

Thank you for your great work!

Sincerely,
mdwrightphd
eblood66

Re: Ordering of Tagged Scriptures

Post by eblood66 »

These forums are only for user-to-user support. For the most part, nobody here can act on any requests for changes to mobile apps or lds.org.

To get your request to the right people you need to use the Feedback mechanism in the Gospel Library itself. I don't use iOS devices myself but in Android the feedback menu item is found by selecting Help and then Send Feedback from the menu. I assume there is a similar option somewhere on the iOS version.

Hopefully you'll get a response acknowledging your feedback but I wouldn't expect to receive any detailed information about whether they will make the change or when. The church doesn't usually give a lot of information about future development plans.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”